Chapter |4| Meeting the one

The sudden sound of footsteps approaching us was making my heart beat erratically

I looked up and my eyes widened, as I saw the most gorgeous man I've ever set on eyes before, standing at the top of the staircase.

Our eyes met for a spilt second and I swear I could feel sparks. He smirked as he caught me staring at him so I quickly averted my eyes and continued to stare at the ground, whilst I could hear him walk down the stairs.

Two bare feet came into my view and my eyes slowly travelled up taking in his entire appearance.

He was shirtless, which showed off his chiselled abs and rock hard pecks. His pants were hanging dangerously low on his waist and his sharp v-line made me want to... wait a minute no.

What am I doing? I'm basically objectifying my fiancé right now. This is wrong. Stop Gabi.

I managed to tear my eyes away from him chest and looked up at his face. Shit. I'm in deep trouble. His face looks even better than his abs.

He had a slight five o'clock shadow which just made him look so sexy and a sharp jaw line, which looked like it was carved by angels. His eyes were dark and piercing which made me either want to run and hide, or jump on him and let him take me here and now.

His eyebrows were little messy, yet at the same time they look perfectly shaped and I noticed that he had a slight cut in the left one, that looked incredibly sexy.

His nose was straight, with the exception of a little dent on the bridge, which I'm guessing he got in a fight or something. His hair was messy and tousled and the colour was similar to mine, but it looked two shades lighter.

His lips were red and slightly parted giving me a peek at his tongue which I definitely wanted in my mouth.

"Uh hum." The sound made me come back to reality and I looked at Damon was staring at me like I was weird and then Ryder who was trying to hold back his laughter.

I immediately looked away as I felt a blush rising on my cheeks.

"Anyway, Ryder this is Gabrielle Jackson. She's going to be your wife." A dark look came over Ryder, as Damon mentioned the word wife, which I have to admit made me a little scared.

"Father. I thought we discussed this earlier. I said I don't want you to set me up with anyone, never mind arrange my marriage." He shouted loudly, which took me aback. His accent wasn't as thick as Damon's but you could definitely tell he's a New Yorker.

"Ryder, you will do what I say and to be honest I couldn't care less about what you want. You will marry her. This marriage will bring a lot of benefits to our mafia and you are not going to screw this up, like you screw up everything. Do you understand." Damon warmed and I shifted, feeling a little uncomfortable.

I felt like I was watching a child get told off by his father.

The look on Ryder's face morphed into sadness and he looked down. "Yes." He whispered.