Chapter 3

Chan couldn't believe it. This guy—Yongbok—said he's in debt to him. It did make sense. Chan would want to repay the person who saved his life. But this, this is just weird.

"Um first off, you don't need to bow thank you," Chan said rubbing the back of his neck nervously. Yongbok stopped bowing and looked Chan in the eyes. There was something wild about them. Chan liked that. "I don't want to sound rude but, what are you even Yongbok?"

Yongbok's ears twitched. He seemed very calm about the whole situation. "Not here. I'll answer all your questions once we get somewhere safe. Now, where is your current accommodations?" Chan was confused by Yongbok's words. Oh wait, now he knows what he meant. The guy probably hasn't seen civilization since who knows when.

"Oh you mean my apartment. Well buddy welcome to the 21st century! People my age usually have apartments unless somehow they're loaded as fuck," Chan pointed out. The rain started falling harder. Chan gestured for Yongbok to come under the umbrella. "You're going to get cold. We can go back to my apartment, then you can explain to me what the hell is happening."

•-❃-•

Chan closed the door to his apartment behind him. Yongbok was in his fox form for easier transport (and less weird looks from anybody passing by). He locked it and called unto the kitchen.

"Hyunjin! Seungmin! I'm back!" Hyunjin ran at top speeds out of his room and hugged Chan, unaware of Yongbok in his hands.

"OH MY GOD YOU'RE ALIVE!!!" Hyunjin looked down at the light fox. His eyes lit up. "That's a cute dog you found," he said trying to pet Yongbok.

Yongbok flattened his ears. "I am not a dog," he said in a surprisingly deep voice. He jumped out of Chan's arms and turned into his human form. Hyunjin screamed like he was being murdered. Seungmin craned his head out of the kitchen.

"What the-" Seungmin stopped mid sentence and screamed too. But it was a more joyful scream. "HOLY SHIT IS THAT A KUMIKO?! HOW DID YOU FIND HIM?!" He sprinted out and got to a stop in front of Yongbok. He inspected him from his ears to his sandals. Seungmin was like a kid seeing a giraffe for the first time.

"Excuse me, may I ask about your specific age?"

Yongbok rolled his eyes. "619 years old now fuck off!" Hyunjin stopped screaming and Seungmin just seemed offended. That explained the six tails.

Chan sighed and shrugged. "I think I should explain to you why Yongbok is here." They sat down at the table and Chan explained everything, starting from the forest trip he and Seungmin took earlier today to how he and Yongbok met under the cherry tree. Chan didn't want to admit it outloud, but part of him found it curious about why Yongbok introduced himself under that very spot, at that very time. It was like some k-drama shit.

Yongbok almost fell asleep during the conversation. Chan looked at the 'kumiko'. He felt his heart skip a beat when looking at him. His hair seemed a bit more uneven now, and Chan just wanted to reach his hand over and smooth it out for Yongbok.

"We'll decide what to do tomorrow. But for tonight." Hyunjin and Seungmin gave each other evil smiles. Chan knew what was going to happen next. "Yongbok can spend the night with you." And there it was! Chan really wanted to punch both of them but he didn't, for the sake of his sanity.

"Okay fine. C'mon Yongbok, let's figure you out."

•-❃-•

Somehow Chan was able to convince Yongbok to drop the tail and ears act. Right now he was digging around in Chan's closest, looking for something to wear.

"Damn you really like dark colors!" Yongbok pointed out as he threw a tank top at Chan's face. Very convenient. Yongbok grabbed an oversized pink sweater and turned around just as Chan was taking off his shirt to put on the tank top. "Hey can I wea-" Yongbok stopped and observed Chan. Oh right, abs. Yongbok seemed mesmerized. His jaw almost dropped.

"What?" Yongbok looked down. His face was becoming red.

"Um, nothing. Nothing really." Chan put on his tank top and walked over to the fox. His eyes went down to Yongbok's hand. He was holding the pink sweater Woojin gifted him for his birthday. In Woojin's words, 'to brighten up your wardrobe a bit'. But the sweater was always too large for him. And Chan never really wore pink a lot.

"You should try it on. I think you're more of a bright color person." Yongbok looked up and smiled at him. Yongbok slipped the pink sweater over his head and pulled it over. The sleeves were long and the waist went down past his hips.

"I like it. Can I keep it Chan?" Yongbok asked, waving his arms around. Chan rolled his eyes. He felt his face warming up a little.

"Yah sure." Oh my god that's so fucking cute! Yongbok jumped on Chan's bed and planted his face in the pillow. Chan sat down next to him. "Felix!" he blurted out.

Yongbok took his face off of the pillow. "Who's Felix?" he asked.

"That's the alias you should go under while you're living with me. Felix, Lee Felix. A transfer student from Sydney, Australia who's staying with me." Yongbok smiled cutely.

"Felix. I like it. You can call me Felix from now on. Can I call you something Chan?" he asked tilting his head.

Chan smiled at him. "You can call me Chris." Felix nodded and smiled. He then fell right asleep. Chan petted his head. "Goodnight, Felix."