Chapter 12

"LOVE BIRDS! I'M BACK!!" Chan woke up to the sound of Jackson's annoying voice. He groaned and blinked slowly. He averted his eyes to where Jackson was sitting at the countertop. He had a stupid shit eating grin on his face.

"Fuck you I was sleeping," Chan said. Jackson shrugged.

"Well fuck you for not telling me you two are dating," he retorted sarcastically. Chan was about to throw hands with the idiot if Felix didn't start stirring from his sleep. He opened his eyes. They seemed to be much brighter now then when Chan found him in the alley.

Chan smiled softly at Felix. "Hello there sleepyhead." Felix returned the smile, even though he was still weak.

"Hi Channie," he responded in a soft voice.

Jackson butted in. "Are you feeling better?"

Felix shrugged.

"Everything still kind of hurts." Chan brushed Felix's hair.

"Don't worry, everything will be better soon." Jackson looked back and forth, from the clock on the wall back to Chan and Felix. He got up from his spot and walked over to Chan.

"Bro, I need to talk with you, privately," he asked. Chan nodded. Jackson then turned to Felix.

"If my boyfriend Mark comes home and asks about the bandages, tell him you were attacked by a crazy cat." Felix gave a thumbs up. Before Chan left Felix gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. Chan's face flared up. Now he looked like a strawberry.

"Thanks for helping me Channie," Felix said softly. Chan covered his face in embarrassment. He could hear Felix giggling. Jackson led him into his room and sat him down on the bed.

"Chan. You need to listen. Remember how I said that I have my weird ass secrets and you have yours?"

Chan nodded.

"How am I supposed to forget those wonderful words?" Jackson chuckled. He then became serious. Only now did Chan realize how strange his eyes looked. They were a green color, but too green. There was something supernatural about them.

"Anyways. I know Felix, more then you can realize." Chan gulped.

"How?" Jackson sighed.

"As you know, Felix is a kumiko named Yongbok. My real name is Kayee. I am a patron for the Kumiko spirits so I know all of them. Felix was a good friend and my former familiar. But then..." Jackson looked down at the floor. There seemed to be sadness in his eyes.

"He disappeared for 500 years, without a trace. And here he is, injured and sleeping on my couch." Jackson laughed. "It's strange honestly."

Chan still didn't understand. "What does this have to do with him being attacked?!"

Jackson closed his eyes.

"Chan, do you know why he disappeared for all that time?" Chan shook his head. Jackson got up and went to his drawers. He started shuffling around and he pulled something out. It was wrapped in a white cloth. There were stains on the cloth.

Jackson took off the cloth to reveal an arrow. It was clearly very old, and it had the same stains as the cloth.

"Sometimes, when a mortal saves a kumiko, the kumiko can repay them by swearing to protect them until they die a natural death. These are called debts." Jackson sighed again.

"Felix made a debt with a mortal known as Seo Changbin.

Changbin saved Felix from drowning and that's when he made the debt with him. Felix was always by his side. I watched over them, making sure things went smoothly. That was until a battle happened. Changbin fought in it with Felix, side by side and then..."

Jackson's eyes became watery. Chan feared where this conversation was going.

"Jackson, what happened to Changbin?" Chan asked. Worry was creaming his voice.

Jackson gulped. He gripped the arrow.

"This is the arrow that killed Seo Changbin 501 years ago."