Chapter 11

A/N: TW: blood

Also soft hours

For the first time in a very long time, Felix had nightmares. There he was, in his true kumiko form, his swords by his side. Felix was desperately looking around for anyone else. It was just gray nothingness.

In the corner of his eye, Felix saw a body. It was Chris. He was wearing traditional battle armor, there was an arrow going through his eye. Felix screamed in horror and ran to Chris's body.

Chris laid there limp. There were tear streaks on his face. Blood was in his beautiful hair. It was on his face, his clothes, underneath his fingernails.

Felix could feel the tears streaming down his face.

"Chris... Chris please wake up! Wake up for me!" He held Chris's body close to him, wrapping his tails around him. A hand rested on Felix's shoulder. He looked up to see Changbin.

"Binnie," he wept. There was also an arrow going through his eye, and his heart. But Changbin wasn't smiling. There was anger on his face. More tears came down Felix's face. "Binnie, what's wrong?" he asked.

Changbin sneered. "You failed him, just like you failed me." He started laughing. Blood was running down his face and onto the ground, smearing his black hanbok. He laughed and laughed. Blood was coming out of his mouth, flying onto Felix's face. Figures appeared behind Changbin. The gods.

"Yongbok. You've failed not just to save Seo Changbin, but also Bang Christopher. You shall face the worst punishment of all." Felix backed away, holding Chris's body closer to him.

"Please! Give me one more chance I swear!" he cried out. "I swear I'll do better!" The gods shook their heads. One of them grabbed Chris's body out of Felix's arms and made it disappear into little particles. A shadow appeared behind Felix. It looked just like him, but everything was darker. The shadow turned into a form resembling Felix's but yet so different. Blood red eyes, skin that was as white as paper, pitch black hair, and gray ears.

He smirked at Felix. "We're going to have fun," the shadow creature laughed. It grabbed Felix with long red claws and started dragging him into the ground. Felix choked and gasped for air, his arm reaching up trying to grab someone.

"SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!" he cried out, gasping for air. "KAYEE! CHANGBIN!! CHR-" The shadow creature had dragged him into the ground, ready to take him over.

-❃-

Chan could see Felix whimpering in his sleep. He held Felix close to him and began stroking his blonde hair. Chan started singing softly, to try and calm down poor Felix.

The kumiko held on tighter to Chan. He could now make out desperate, 'Chris', 'Kayee', and 'Changbin'.

"Please don't cry little fox. I don't want you to cry, I want you to be happy," Chan whispered into Felix's ear. Felix's grip became less tight, and he seemed to calm down more. Chan gave a sigh of relief. Then he noticed the tears streaking down Felix's face.

Chan wiped them away as he continued stroking his hair. It was so soft, like a little kitten. Chan wanted to hold Felix forever. Just be with him forever, cherish him forever. Oh. I think I'm in love. And Chan was happy. He was happy to love someone like Felix.

Someone so curious, so sweet, so energetic. Someone who risked his life to protect him, with the injuries to prove it.

Chan pulled Felix to his chest, letting him listen to his heartbeat. Chan continued singing again, stroking Felix's hair and holding his small injured hand in his. Felix's tears began to disappear. His fear began to disappear all over again.

"Sleep tight, my little fox."