Chapter 19

They all decided to go back to Jackson's apartment. Very awkward for his boyfriend, Mark.

He opened the door and blinked at surprise to see two college students, two people with tails, and a guy missing his eye all with his boyfriend. The surprise was only there for a moment and Mark went serious.

"Okay who pissed some cosmic being off?" Everyone pointed at poor Felix who waved awkwardly. Mark let out a sigh and gave Felix a sympathetic smile.

"Come on, I'll get some coffee ready for all of you."

"Can I have tea, please?" Minho asked as he entered. Mark chuckled.

"Honestly I much prefer tea too."

•-❃-•

Chan held the hot coffee mug in his hand. Felix was sleeping again and had his head on his lap. Chan looked to Changbin for approval, but the gwisin just smiled kindly, as if saying it was okay.

Mark was wrapping a bandage around Jaehyung's missing ear tip, and Jackson and Minho were playing go fish. Chan cleared his throat to get Mark's attention.

"Yeah?" he asked.

Chan took a sip of his coffee. "How do you know about... all of this?" Mark chuckled as his eyes flashed yellow for a split second. Chan winced in shock, letting a simple 'oh' slip out of his mouth. "Are you a kumiho?"

Mark shook his head. "Nah, you guys call us imoogi or imugi."

"So... you're a dragon?" Mark gave Chan a thumbs up. Jaehyung butted into the conversation.

"This sucker was the friend of one of Kayee's chumps back in China. But then he fell for the himbo's good looks and humor and went over here. Thankfully Kayee's chump was cool with it." Changbin snickered at Jaehyung's comment.

"It's been five hundred and one years and you still call Yixing a chump?" Jaehyung crossed his arms and stuck his tongue out at the gwisin. Chan laughed at their interactions. It was nice having some peace every once in a while.

They all sat in silence after that. Minho got bored and said something.

"Can someone finally explain to me what the fuck is actually happening?!" Jackson chuckled nervously.

"Sorry, I mean it's only reasonable now since you've seen what Yongbok really is." He sat up straight and pointed at Changbin.

"Remember how back in the forest I mentioned that info about Changbin?"

"Yes. You said he was dead and Felix's ex-boyfriend and ex-protectee. And Felix also told me he was over six hundred years old." Jackson nodded.

"Yep. So Yongbok or as you guys call him Felix, was saved by Changbin and was in debt to him. But Changbin died and Felix failed to protect him. The local gods see that as treason." Minho started chocking on his drink. Jackson yelped and started patting his back.

"My gods Kayee you almost killed him!" Jaehyung shouted.

"My bad! Minho are you okay?" Minho laid his head on the countertop and have a thumbs up.

"Great," he crocked. Minho raised his head and looked at Chan and Felix. "So what you're telling me, is that Felix is a criminal?"

"Yep."

"Pretty much."

Minho blinked and frowned. "If the gods do catch him, what's going to happen?" Felix stirred in his sleep, his small hand grabbing onto Chan's shirt. The college student slowly put his finger up to his lips, motioning for the others to be a bit more quiet.

"Sorry Chan-hyung. But my question?"

Jackson let out a deep sigh. "When kumiho are banished and found guilty by the gods, they are sent to the place. I don't know exactly what it's called but I heard it's scary. It has happened before."

"Yeah but Jimin deserved it, she was a bitch," Jaehyung pointed out.

"Yes yes Jimin did deserve it, but we all know Felix doesn't," Jackson responded. "Anyways, I don't know much about what it looks like in this place. I may be a guardian but I've never been tasked with leading any 'traitors' to their doom. That was always some other poor idiot's job." 

Chan started to worry. They needed to keep Felix safe. He couldn't let those petty bastards take him somewhere terrible just for something he couldn't control. Chan started stroking Felix's blonde hair. He wasn't letting anything bad happen to Felix, no matter what.

•-❃-•

Felix woke up. He slowly opened his eyes and looked up at Chris. He yawned and sat up.

"Hello," he said quietly. Felix looked at Jackson's boyfriend, Mark. He waved.

"Hi."

"Hello, Yongbok. How are you feeling?" he asked. Felix shrugged.

"Tired. Very tired." 

"Didn't you just finish a nap?" Jae asked. Felix rolled his eyes.

"Hello, Jae. Nice to see you too," he said sarcastically.

Jae pouted. "Look, I'm sorry I tried killing you. But they threatened Younghyun." Felix's hyung fiddled with his sleeves. "I had no choice. I wasn't going to let him die." Felix slowly got up. He walked over and hugged Jae, who seemed to be crying now.

"It's okay. At least let me apologize for your ear." Jae patted Felix's back and smiled.

"Nah it's okay, kind of deserved that though." Felix laughed.

He tried looking happy but he heard their conversation. He noticed how quiet Chris was during it, how scared he was for him.

If Jackson was right, he needed to go back into hiding. No Lix, you promised you would protect Chan. Are you going to break that promise?

No. I'm not. I'm staying, even if it means going to some weird ass shadow realm. I'll protect Bang Chan for as long as I can.