Chapter 18

Felix slowly stepped away from Jaehyung. "Please man, we can talk about this. You know humans have this great stuff called coffee, maybe we could grab one?" He gulped. No answer from Jaehyung.

Everything about him seemed off. From the way he was walking to his glassy, cold, lifeless eyes. Felix only had one option, he wasn't a fan of that option.

He needed to knock out Jaehyung cold. Just needed to get a nice blow to the head but not too hard.

Jae swung his sword at Felix. He dove under and kicked Jae in the legs. He momentarily lost his balance but got right back up. Stubborn bastards.

Felix grabbed Jae's arm and flipped him over. Jae made contact with the ground and his swords fell out of his hands.

Jae let out a grunt and went unconscious.

"Well that was easy," Felix remarked as he picked up the swords. A hand reached out from behind and covered Felix's mouth. He tried screaming but it came out as muffled noise. He kicked and tried hitting the thing. But it didn't work.

Whatever grabbed him tried dragging Felix away.

He got an idea.

Felix raised Jae's wisteria swords and stabbed whatever was dragging him away in the face. A scream echoed from behind him. The hand let go and dropped Felix.

He gasped for air and panted. The gumiho dropped the swords and fell to the ground.

He tried processing what just happened, but it was so much. What was that thing?! Why did it appear just after Felix knocked out Jae. Maybe it was the thing controlling him. Gods know.

"FELIX!" He knew that voice. Felix got up.

"BANG CHAN?!" he shouted. Everything went quiet. A few silent moments later, the bushes rustled. Felix braced himself.

Jumping out and hugging him, was Chris. Felix smiled widely and hugged him back.

"Chris what are you doing here? I thought I got you and Minho back to the apartment!" Someone laughed from behind the bushes. Minho appeared.

"You ain't getting rid of us that easily fox boy," he exclaimed. Felix let go of Chris and high fived Minho.

"Nice to know you two are safe." Minho smiled. Chris scratched the back of his neck. Felix tilted his head.

"What happened?" Felix asked. Chris turned to the bushes.

"You two can come out." Emerging from the bushes were two people Felix thought he would never see again.

Standing in front of him was Kayee, his old master. He was dressed in his favorite green hanfu and had his jian with him.

And standing next to him...

Felix started tearing up.

"Binnie?" Changbin smiled at him.

"Hey, Yongbok." Felix slowly walked towards Changbin. He gently touched his face with his hand. Changbin leaned his head into Felix's small hand. Tears streamed down the sides of his cheeks.

"It really is you," Felix choked softly through tears. Felix hugged Changbin, resting his head on his shoulder. Changbin hugged him back, gently stroking his back. Felix's tears poured down his face like a waterfall.

"I-I watched you die. T-The archer—I-I even tried killing him afterwards but I didn't. Changbin I'm so sorry!" Felix cried out. Changbin comforted him, pulling the gumiho closer.

"The important thing is that you made peace, right?" Felix looked up, his eyes read from the tears he shed. Felix shook his head.

"I made peace that our love is long over, but..." Felix bit the bottom of his lip. "I can't find peace that you're dead." Changbin held Felix tighter. He chuckled.

"Considering that I'm a gwisin now... me either." Felix continued crying.

"This is all my fault, Binnie, if I was just moments earlier-"

"Shh, it's okay Yongbok. You can't control life and death. The gods most of all should know that. But since they're after you now I guess not." Felix giggled. He wiped away some tears from his face.

"Can we stay like this, a little bit longer. Just hugging."

"Sure. It has been half a millenia anyways. Why not just a few moments more."

•-❃-•

Jackson smiled at the reunion of Changbin and Felix. Those two idiots were so in love when Changbin was alive. Now they get to see each other again. Chan's friend was getting a little teary eyed.

"You good bro?" Jackson asked. Minho glared at him.

"My eyes are just sweating." Jackson laughed at his response. His attention turned to Chan. He seemed so happy for Felix. He had a wide smile on his face. He too was also crying.

Jackson didn't need to worry about balling his eyes out now.

He approached the unconscious gumiho, Jaehyung. He knelt down next to him and poked his cheek.

"Yooho, sleepyhead." Jaehyung slowly opened his eyes and raised his head. He twitched one of his ears, which had its tip missing. Felix must've cut it off during the fight.

"Hey Kayee, it's been a while." Jaehyung slowly sat up and leaned against the tree. He rubbed the nape of his neck.

"How did I get here?" Jaehyung asked.

"I think Yongbok knocked you out. Just give it a while, okay?" Jaehyung nodded. He looked in the direction of Changbin and Felix who were still hugging and crying.

"Is that Changbin?" Jackson nodded.

"Don't bother them now, they're having their moment," he said with a smile. The two sat next to the tree quietly, until Jaehyung spoke again.

"Kayee, the gods are really pissed at Yongbok. They want him banished as soon as possible." Jackson gulped. He's only seen a few get banished, it wasn't a good thing.

"We need to protect Yongbok somehow and clear his name," Jackson said. Jaehyung agreed with him. He looked back at the two hugging.

"For now, let's let them enjoy this moment."