Chapter 7

"Since your classes are over, can we get ice cream now?" Felix asked, hopping up and down. Chan rolled his eyes.

"Okay calm down you're going to bust a hole through the ground if you keep jumping like a madman. We'll go get ice cream." Felix stopped jumping and hugged Chan.

"THANK YOU CHANNIE!!" he cried out. Chan didn't complain when the kumiho wrapped his arms around Chan's waist. Chan even hugged him back.

"You don't need to thank me, I'm just being a good friend." And I felt shitty leaving you at the apartment. Chan let go and took Felix's small hand and started leading him in the direction of his car. "So, what flavor are you interested in?"

Felix tightened his grip around Chan's hand. "Whatever you're interested in."

•-❃-•

"Chris, what is this flavor called again?" Felix was eying his ice cream.

"It's chocolate," Chan responded. Felix licked the ice cream and let the taste settle in on him. He then took a huge bite out of it. Chan yelped in fear. "YONGBOK! THAT IS SO CURSED!" Felix gave him a confused look. He licked the chocolate off of his lips. His shiny, perfect, pink lips. There was something in the back of Chan's head that was screaming, Kiss him fool! Chan ignored his brain. He couldn't do that. He and Felix just meet. That would be weird.

"We should walk around," Felix said, taking another bite out of his ice cream.

"That sounds nice," Chan agreed. As they walked further away from the ice cream shop, Felix seemed to get more antsy. He was moving closer to Chan and was eating his ice cream more slowly. His pupils seemed to be looking more fox-like and his teeth were getting sharper.

Chan gave him a concerned look. He looked down to see Felix's nails growing longer and sharper. Chan worried for the worst. "Felix, what's wrong?" he asked calmly. But it was clear there was worry in his voice.

Felix didn't answer.

He dragged Chan into an alley. He motioned for Chan to get behind him. Felix dropped what's left of his ice cream on the ground. His eyes were going back and forth, checking his surroundings. Chan could feel his heartbeat getting faster by the moment. The suspense was killing him.

Felix was growling now, like a feral fox.

Chan grabbed Felix's hand. "Lix what's gotten into you!" he cried out. Felix returned Chan's touch. He finally spoke in a hushed tone.

"Dokkaebi." Chan gulped. He remembered Woojin and Seungmin going on long rants about the goblin creatures whenever they discuss mythology back at the apartment. A dokkaebi is what led to him and Felix meeting.

Something was moving behind the trash cans. They were like giant gremlins. But with horns, and bigger claws, and they wanted to kill them.

"Felix we need to get the hell out of here! These things will kill us if they get the chance!" Felix smirked.

"Don't worry. I won't be as stupid as last time." Felix grabbed his earring and it shifted into a long sword. Before he attacked. Felix approached Chan and kissed him on his forehead. Chan was shocked. But then he looked down at his hands, to see he was slowly turning into cherry blossom petals.

"Felix."

Before he disappeared, Chan saw Felix smile at him. "It's to protect you. That was part of the deal anyways." Chan tried screaming out but he already disappeared. He was in his apartment, alone, without Felix. Felix.

He was out there, fighting those things alone. I have to get back to him, before he hurts himself!