Chapter 13

Chan had to lay down. The information Jackson just gave to him... it was too much. He closed his eyes and thought about it.

When Jackson was gone, Felix mentioned the name Changbin and Kayee in his nightmares. Is that what they were about? Was he really reliving the tragedy that ruined his life?

"Jackson, what does this have to do with Felix and those weird little goblins that nearly tore him apart?"

Jackson sat down next to him.

"It's a great crime for such a spiritual creature like a kumiko to break a vow."

"So, Felix is a felon?" Jackson nodded his head. "But he didn't mean to leave Changbin's side, right?"

Jackson's eyes widened. "Ah hell no! Felix loved Changbin. He was devastated when Binnie died. The gods are just petty bitches. Trials are non-existent to beings that aren't gods or demigods." Jackson laid his head against the pillow of his bed.

"I've spent the last 500 years looking for Felix, and when I finally did find him, the gods had already located him." Jackson's eyes averted to Chan.

"You need to promise me something Bang Christopher."

"I'll do anything Jackson."

Jackson sat up and put his hands on Chan's shoulders. His eerie green eyes met Chan's normal brown ones.

"Protect Yongbok with your life. Never let him get far away, and make sure he's safe. Only until I can get things sorted out with the gods. Well, if I can." Chan gulped and nodded.

"I promise Jackson. I'll do everything to keep Lixie safe." Jackson smiled and patted Chan on the back.

"Great! Let's see how Felix is doing now." He got up and opened the door to his room. Jackson left and went back to the living room where Felix was. Chan sighed and looked at the arrow. The blood was so stale he could probably chip it off with his nails.

Chan wrapped it back in the cloth and put it back in Jackson's drawer. Soon, he'll have to tell Felix what happened. But not today. He needs time to recover. Chan got up and went left Jackson's room. Jackson was sitting on the couch next to Felix. He was checking his bandages.

"You're going to need to change these twice a day. You can do that right Chan?" Jackson said looking at Chan who was walking over. Chan nodded and smiled. He sat down next to Felix and rubbed his hair.

"Are you ready to go?" Chan asked.

Felix looked down and thought for a moment.

"Yah, I think so. Can we get sweets on the way back?" Chan giggled.

"Of course we can get sweets for you. You deserve it after the shit you went through with those bitch ass goblins."

Jackson went to grab his keys.

"I'll drop you two back off at the college." He went to get two long swords with cherry blossom chains hanging off the end. He gave them back to Felix who gingerly took them and observed them. "I think you'll be needing these." Felix gave him a big smile as he turned the swords back into earrings and attached them to his ears.

"Thanks, mate."

•-❃-•

"Holy fuck you two are alive!" Hyunjin ran up to Felix and Chan and hugged them both. Felix was chewing away on a strawberry pocky stick. Chan patted Hyunjin on the back as he suffocated both of them with his bear hug.

"Don't worry I barely survived," Felix stated. Hyunjin stopped hugging them and backed away. Chan smacked his face and groaned. Hyunjin observed the bandages on Felix and the holes in his sweater and pants.

"Chan, what the bloody hell happened?" Chan laughed nervously.

"Hyunjin, funny story." Hyunjin started stamping his foot on the ground in anger. Felix swallowed his pocky stick and saw how pissed off Hyunjin looked. He was glaring right at Chan. He stepped forward towards Hyunjin. He pouted.

"Hyunjin, it wasn't Chan's fault that I got injured. It was my own actions. I got hurt protecting Bang Chan from dokkaebi. He saved me." Hyunjin sighed.

"I'm glad you two are safe now. But please be more careful. I don't know what I would do if you both got badly hurt, or worse." Chan hugged Hyunjin who was crying now. Chan rubbed his back and comforted him.

"It's okay Hyunjin. We're home now. Just don't tell Seungmin. He'll probably be even more devastated then you are." Woojin let go of Chan and wiped his tears away.

"I'm fine now. Let's see if Felix is okay." He led Felix to the table and grabbed the first aid kit. Chan watched from the side as Hyunjin changed Felix's bandages. He looked down at the ground sadly. He couldn't get the conversation out of his head.

So much weight was on Felix's shoulders not to fuck up. And with what happened to that Changbin guy, it's even worse now. Who knows if Felix is still carrying the weight of his guilt 501 years later. Chan should've asked for Jackson's number so he could get as much information as possible.

"Hey Hyunjin?"

"Yah Chan."

Chan rubbed his nape.

"Could I possibly have Jackson's number." Hyunjin shrugged.

"Sure I don't see why not."

Chan gave him a wide smile.

"Thanks mate."

•-❃-•

Changbin needed to find a way out of the rotting hanok. He needed to see if Yongbok is truly okay. He wants to see his blue eyes and beautiful white hair again. He wants to see everything that made Yongbok perfect.

Changbin looked at the setting sun. He recalled watching them when he was alive, with Yongbok in his arms.

"Don't worry Yongbokkie—I'll find you."