Chapter 3

I let out a groan as I came back to reality, grabbing my head I opened my eyes and allowed them to adjust for a moment. I scanned my room as I recollect my memories, as soon as I remembered my mother I looked over for the advil. 

"Oh, thank gods," I sighed in relief, at least I can get rid of this splitting headache. 

I released a breath and laid back down, exhaustion starting to take over again. However, I refused to fall back asleep, knowing that wouldn't help me. I'll be far too restless now that I'm remembering everything, too many questions were swimming around in my mind. 

"Syl?" 

My door slowly opened as my sister poked her head in, I offered a tired smile. "Morning," I mumbled.

She laughed, "Good morning, how you feeling?"

"My head is killing me, I feel sick to my stomach but hungry at the same time...could be doing better."

"Well, at least you now know what to expect if you ever get drunk."

"Ha.Ha."

She shrugged before plopping down on my bed, "So....Kaden's hair is blue."

"Yeah...how did that happen?"

"Him and some other pups decided to explore the castle and found the hairdresser's wing. She passed out when she walked in on rainbow children."

I laughed, "Oh, poor Cassidy."

"Yeah, I told her I would buy new dye for her, but she refused. You know her, always claiming she can do it herself. I'm still getting her some today." 

"That's good. Did mom and dad say anything about the hunter from last night?"

She nodded, "Yep...Obsidian took care of that. He got the answers within in five minutes and surprisingly, didn't kill the guy. He's with dad right now in his office, you know....if they could put their differences aside forever we would have a great ally." 

"Yeah, I know but....they did a lot to us."

"His father did a lot to us, not Obsidian. I'm close friends with his cousin, apparently, Obsidian is trying to reverse everything his father has done."

"Then why does he hate us?"

"I'm not sure, that guy is full of secrets. Not even his cousin knows what's bothering him most of the time." 

I frowned, "I feel like I should thank him from last night."

"About that, you two should totally hook up."

"Sam!"

"I'm just saying! There is some chemistry between you two."

"No, I'm far from being interested in him and I'm sure, he feels the same way. If anything, we annoy each other."

She smirked, "And that is what makes the chemistry between you two. You do realize, you're the only girl to ever talk back to him?"

"Damn, the females in his pack need to grow a pair then."

She shook her head and gently nudged me, "Come on. You need to eat something, it'll help your headache. And you need some water."

I quickly grabbed my robe and followed her downstairs, as the smell of pancakes wafted through the air my stomach made itself known. Sam couldn't keep her giggles in as my stomach continued making dying whale sounds, causing me to eventually laugh too. I stopped laughing as soon as I entered the kitchen to see Obsidian sitting in one of the chairs, sipping on some coffee.