Chapter 34

"You were creeping again."

I groaned, "I was just...admiring...him."

"Admiring? Oh, does the princess have a crush?" Luthias teased.

I glared at the two siblings, "I will cut you." 

Cynthia blew me a kiss before grabbing her phone and sighing, "So, what's the plan to deal with these hunters?"

"To find out how to kill these hybrids, breaking their necks take a little too long. Plus, one hit with their paw and we're knocked out. Their strength is amazing," I explained.

Luthias frowned, "What idiot decided to combine a vampire and werewolf? And how the fuck are they controlling them?"

"Considering how many we have seen in the woods, they're not doing a great job of it. Unless their goal is to just let them run free as soon as they're strong enough." 

We all sighed dramatically before falling into a peaceful silence, lost in our own minds. Looking back at Obsidian, I noticed his eyebrows twitch a bit, like he was trying to figure something out. Shyly and delicately, I grabbed his hand in mine and began stroking the back of it with my thumb, an attempt to soothe him. It seemed to work as his features relaxed and he went back to being frozen in his sleep. 

"You love him, huh?" Cynthia asked quietly.

I pursed my lips for a little bit, going over her question in my head. I finally released a breath, knowing I'll eventually have to give up denying it. My actions were the complete opposite of my words, I was only making an ass of myself trying to claim that I have no feelings for the guy. 

"I wouldn't say love," I mumbled.

She chuckled, "You care about him, how about that?"

"That's much better."

"Come on, let's get something to eat, I can hear your stomach grumbling from here."

I could feel my face heat up, "My bad."

"Finally, I'm starving!" Luthias whined.

I raised my eyebrow at him, "You sure it wasn't this oaf's stomach?"

"Nah, his sounds like a whale making mating calls," Cynthia smirked, earning a dirty look from her brother.

As I went to get up I could feel Obsidian's hand tighten around mine for a second, causing me to completely freeze in my spot. My sudden lack of movement earned Cynthia and Luthias' attention, they gave me a questioning look as I hesitated to step away from their brother.

"You okay?" Cynthia asked.

I snapped out of my trance and nodded, "Y-yeah, thought he moved."

She gave me a sad smile as I let go of his hand and followed them out of the room, a little shaky after that incident. I could have sworn I felt his hand tighten, maybe it was just a muscle spasm or something along those lines. 

I had spent a few more hours in the hospital, but we all had eventually decided we needed our rest. Luthias was determined to watch over his brother, but Cynthia and I convinced him to shower and rest on an actual bed. Ultimately, the sound of a nice, soft mattress and covers persuaded him to listen to us. Even so, to help him relax about his brother's safety, I made sure to tell the doctor to ensure there was someone watching him every minute. Though, I knew he would whether I said something or not, we always have someone guarding a royal if they're in our hospital. Wolves such as Fernando cannot be trusted to not try something to harm them in an attempt to take over their packs. 

While my father was the peacemaker among the kingdoms, there were still times where a king became too greedy. It was only one instance that had required my father to execute a king, coming to a final judgement of guilty due to attacking another king and killing his mate. Acts such as those aren't handled lightly with us, greed is what rips many kingdoms and packs apart. So if there is anyway we can prevent that from happening, you can be damn sure we wouldn't allow anyone to get away with causing chaos. 

A/N: Basically a small filler chapter :)