Chapter 30

"Psst, Sylvia."

"Sylvia!"

"Psssssst!"

"SYLVIA!"

"What the actual fuck do you want, you stu-oh, Cynthia. Why are you in my bedroom?" I questioned, stumbling over my multiple words as my eyes adjusted to the darkness.

Cynthia bit her lip, "We have a problem."

"Which is?"

"Either Obsidian suddenly loves alcohol or he didn't know he was drinking it." 

I frowned, "What?"

"He's stumbling around, won't fucking sleep and keeps knocking on my door. So I figured I could just watch over him for the night, but no, he tried jumping out the window. He has completely lost his sanity!"

"He had sanity to begin with?" I grumbled.

She rolled her eyes, "Half of it."

"Well, what do you want me to do about it? He broke my ribs so I'm sort of out of commission for the next three days."

"I know, I know but I'm not going to sneak into your parents' room and wake them up. Plus, your dad watching Obsidian wouldn't be a good thing."

I groaned, shoving my face back into my pillow before glancing at my clock. Letting out a breath, I slid from under my cover and threw my robe on. Cynthia is one lucky wolf that I'm not going to the meeting that's in a few hours or else she would be on her own. Yawning and throwing my hair up into a very messy bun, I silently followed behind her. I focused my energy on trying to ignore the pain of my screaming ribs, wishing I could just take more pain medication. What is the point of having super natural abilities if I can't swallow six more pills so these ribs quit hurting? 

I was brought back to the world when Cynthia swung her door open, revealing a loudly snoring Obsidian. I blew out through my nostrils as I looked at her, knowing my eyes were swimming with anger. Cynthia just gave me a sheepish smile as Obsidian suddenly sat up, rubbing his eyes.

"Where'd you go? And who the fuck is that?" He demanded, narrowing his eyes at me.

I blinked, "Uh, Sylvia."

"Sylvia? Oh! You're the annoying princess of this dump." 

"Dump? Excuse me?" 

He tilted his head, "You know, you're not super annoying. I can tolerate you." 

"Um...thanks?" I turned to Cynthia with a questioning stare. She pursed her lips as Obsidian tumbled out of the bed, landing face first onto the wooden floor. 

An awkward silence soon followed as he just laid there, leading me to wonder if he just died in front of us. Cynthia groaned from beside me and stormed over to her brother, I watched quietly as she yanked him onto the bed. Blood was leaking from his nose, but he seemed oblivious to it as he began rubbing his face. I winced when he smeared some of the blood onto his cheek and covered his one hand, making him seem like some killer. 

"You are a child when you're drunk," she sighed in defeat.

I slowly made my way over to them and sat beside him, holding him up as Cynthia began cleaning his face. She mouthed a thank you and went back to focusing on her brother, mumbling many colorful words. 

"I don't feel good," he suddenly murmured.

We froze, "Like you're going to throw up?" I shrieked.

He shook his head, "No....there's too much."

"Too much of what?"

"Thoughts."

My frown deepened, "Thoughts? What type of thoughts?"

"I don't know, there's too many and they're going too fast."

Seeing the signs of an anxiety attack I acted, grabbing him and pulling him against me. I managed to fight the intense pain that erupted within my rib cage, making Obsidian my priority right now. His breathing was rapid and his body was shaking, he shoved his face into my shirt as he attempted to control himself. Cynthia wore a heartbroken expression as she gently rubbed his back, whispering calming things to him. 

Obsidian soon fell asleep again, not before asking me to stay. 

~~~~~

I woke up to find myself on the floor, curled up in a sleeping bag like a butterfly in its cocoon. Beside me, Cynthia was snoring in her sleeping bag, her eyes a tangled mess and some drool dripping from her mouth. I stifled a laugh and decided to check on Obsidian, knowing how exhausting anxiety can be. I peeked from beside the bed to see him curled up under the covers, his face partially shoved into his pillow. 

It's amazing how someone so strong and powerful can seem so vulnerable and childish as they sleep. The anger and pain were no longer mixing with his features, he was completely relaxed. He made a small squeak like sound before rolling over, making it difficult to not burst out laughing. Between him and his sister, they're some weird sleepers. But to see a grown man as muscular as Obsidian squeak like a little girl, had me wanting to just die on the floor from laughter. 

"You done creeping on him? I want to get some pancakes," Cynthia yawned.

I grinned, "I could totally go for pancakes and I wasn't creeping...I was checking on him."

"Yeah, that looked like creeping."

"Oh, shut up and clean the drool off your face."

A few hours have passed since we woke up, but Obsidian was still out cold. We tried yelling at him, dumping water on him and shaking him, but nothing woke him. When five rolled around, we were beginning to grow concerned. I know he was tired, but sleeping this long can't be normal unless he worked three night shifts in a row. Even when he was having a nightmare and screaming, we couldn't wake him, we could only calm him down enough that he wasn't thrashing around anymore. Leaving him whimpering slightly while soaked in sweat. 

"I'm getting the doctor," Cynthia said softly.

I nodded, "Probably a good idea, I'm going to clean the sweat from his face." 

"Thank you...."

Obsidian began panicking in his sleep, his eyebrows knitting together and his jaw clenching. Small whimpers escaped his lips and his body started shaking again as the sweat slowly formed. I quickly filled a bowl with cool water and grabbed a cloth, setting the bowl down I got to work wiping down his face. After a few minutes he began calming down again, but the whimpers didn't stop and neither did the shaking. It did turn into a slight tremor, but nonetheless it was still worrying. 

"What happened last night, Obsidian?" I asked softly.

A/N: Oooooo