Chapter 12

"Make sure those chains are tight, have you given her more wolfsbane?"

"Do we really need to? This drug does a pretty decent job of keeping her out of it. Besides, she's in silver chains now. She can't go anywhere."

There was a moment of silence, I could tell he was thinking over it, the feel of his eyes making my skin crawl. He made a muffled noise, seeming to have confidence in this drug they gave me. 

"So, you have been in quite a number of meetings....what have you learned so far?" He asked, crouching before me so he could grab me by my jaw.

I glared at him, "Nothing. They barely know anything."

"Then how did you know to look for a place where we would be hiding?" 

"Because you're all idiots and believe we don't have brains."

He smirked, "Smartass, huh?"

"No, just an ass."

"You don't have any fear, do you?"

I shrugged, "Why does it matter?" 

He let out a breath and stood up, I could tell he was growing frustrated already. He slowly began pacing the room, his hands on his chin as he thought over something. He gave the other guy a signal, causing my eyebrows to furrow in confusion. I didn't even have a chance to ask anything before I was being hit with a metal bat. I coughed as the air was forced from my lungs, causing me to choke for a few moments. 

"I need to know everything there is about your pack. The patrols, the strongest warriors, their weaknesses...and you're going to tell me," he snarled as the bat came down again. 

~~~~~~

I spit the blood from my mouth, holding back another groan as pain raced through my body. Every inch of me was either bruised or bloody, my once flawless skin now split open. After an hour of the torture, I still refused to give him any information, not wanting to risk my pack's safety. Hearing him go off about Obsidian being stubborn and now me, I knew he didn't get anything from Obsidian either. 

"Take her away, I need to think," he spat out.

They injected me again and dragged me back to the cell, seemingly forgetting about giving me wolfsbane. While I could still feel slight effects from it, I knew it was mostly gone. My connection to my wolf was back, which would allow me to shift again and finally break free. However, when I saw the purple liquid they took out, my dreams were crushed. 

Sort of.

"No."

I rolled my eyes at my wolf, I knew she would catch on when she realized how determined I was to escape. If it means forcing a shift through wolfsbane, then so be it, I can't stay here any longer. We have wasted three, almost four days with these fools and I'm not wasting another. I didn't make a sound as they gave me the wolfsbane and chained me up again, leaving me with a partially dead Obsidian. I sighed as they closed the cell door, disappearing somewhere into the maze of halls. 

"Obsidian, wake up," I ordered, gently kicking him in the side.

He let out a grunt before his eyes snapped open, "Was that necessary?"

"Yes, drag your ass over here, I'm taking that bar out and we're getting out of here."

"And how do you plan on doing that, Prince-ass?"

I raised an eyebrow, "If you don't quit being snarky, I will make removing that bar way more painful."

"Fine, my apologies." 

"Thank you. Anyway, I'm going to force myself to shift and you're going to get onto my back."

He sighed, "If we get killed due to this ridiculous plan, I will kill you twice."

"Deal, now, come here."

He mumbled a string of colorful words as he dragged himself beside me, his face growing paler as sweat coated his forehead. I could tell he was in the worst pain imaginable, but being the king he was, I silently hoped he could keep himself silent. I carefully had him lift his leg, giving me access to the part where it was bent. As gently as one could be, I began straightening it out again, earning a few growls from him. It wasn't going to be completely straight again, but it would have to work for removal. 

"Ready?" I asked softly.

He took a deep breath, "As ready as I could possibly be for this." 

"Okay, just try to keep yourself quiet, bite you're arm."

He frowned, "You want me to injure myself more?"

"Keep your fangs in and you won't." 

After mocking me for a few seconds and getting a dirty look from me, he shoved his arm into his mouth. With one quick tug, I yanked the bar out and placed it beside me, having a plan for it. He screamed into his arm, despite trying to breathe through it all. I tried comforting him the best I could, but soon had to focus on the bleeding. His eyes started to flutter shut and his face drained of color, he mumbled a few things as he attempted to stay awake. 

"Oh, no you don't!" I slapped him across the face, stunning him awake as he stared at me. 

"Really? Do you have some fetish with hurting me?" He shrieked.

I rolled my eyes, "Oh, please, don't give your looks that much credit."

"Are you admitting I'm attractive?" 

"As attractive as a hunter, yes."

"Well, that's a low blow."

I smirked, "The only low blow you're getting from me."

"Really? A sex joke?"

"I tend to make jokes when I'm nervous."

"Nice thing to know when we go back to being enemies."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "I don't do it during battle."

"Well, that's not fun. I guess killing you will be suffice enough."

"You know, maybe I should just leave you here," I grumbled.

His frown grew deeper, "Please, don't."

"Nothing stopping me from doing so."

"I will come back and haunt you."

I scoffed, "Yeah, okay. Let's go, ghost boy."

I began to dread returning home and knowing he would go back to ignoring me. He would focus on maintaining that self image of being a strong king and alpha, one who wouldn't joke around with his sworn enemy. Part of me liked the idea of us maybe being friends, maybe forming an ally and becoming a force to be reckon with. Indestructible and dangerous, one where hunters wouldn't dare capture them and torture them for answers. But I knew that was only a dream, for once I return, I too will focus on being my true self. Keeping my walls up and not allowing anyone into my heart, giving them an open door to break me. 

Whatever feelings these were, I'll simply destroy them.

A/N: Sorry if this isn't the best, I have one killer headache right now but knew I owed you guys an update. Hope you enjoyed it!