Chapter 23

"Obsidian, you need to clean the wound!"

"No one is coming near me with that shit! It fucking burns!" 

"Are you seriously acting like a big baby right now?"

"Yes!" 

I silently watched as Cynthia and Obsidian bickered, the desire to laugh was becoming stronger with each passing minute. It was nice comic relief from all the craziness that has been happening lately, it felt great to feel a hint of joy. I studied Obsidian as he continued arguing with his sister, noticing how handsome he truly is. His jawline was perfectly shaped, his eyes that beautiful blue/grey, his hair silky and dark and his body shaped as if created by a god. My heart sped up at the sight of him, my mind going blank with anything else as I continued taking his image in. When he suddenly glanced at me my cheeks instantly warmed up with my blush, causing me to quickly look down at my phone. 

Cynthia groaned before sitting down beside me, glaring at her brother. "You and Luthias are the biggest babies when it comes to injuries."

Obsidian flipped her off, "I'll clean it myself when I'm ready."

"I'm sure the torture was more painful than this." 

"So?"

"So, grow a pair and clean the dang wound!" 

I placed my phone down before grabbing the ointment from Cynthia, without a word I grabbed Obsidian by his ear and sat him down on his bed. I grabbed the bowl of water and the cloth that Cynthia had gathered, ignoring Obsidian's protests. 

"You better not-OW!" He whined as I began cleaning it. 

I smirked, "Grow up."

"Oh, fuck you!" 

I gently cleaned out any discolored pus, making sure to get the soap into the broken skin. His hisses of pain eventually died down and became silent, his eyes glued to my hand. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach as I felt his stare on me, causing me to become nervous. I swallowed my nerves and continued working on his injury, focused on making sure it was as clean as it could be before wrapping it. Once done, I dried it off a bit before applying the ointment, earning another growl from him, but it was only once this time. After I finished wrapping it, I stood up and smiled at my work.

"There, you're cleaned," I grinned in triumph. 

He glowered at me, "Thank you."

"Anytime, now quit being a baby about things and get some rest." 

"It's only eight and I need to go over the patrols, prisoners, trials-

"I already handled everything, go to bed." 

He blinked in surprise and went silent again, watching my every move. I quickly rinsed the bowl out and placed it back on the shelf and threw the cloth into his hamper. It wasn't until I went to grab my phone did I realize Cynthia was watching with a slight smile. I furrowed my eyebrows at her in confusion, she quickly stood up and stretched before wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"Well, we should retire for the night and I better not find you in your office or wandering around the house," she warned, narrowing her eyes at her brother.

Obsidian stuck his tongue out, "I won't." 

I found it sort of adorable how he acted childish around his sister, the alpha facade would collapse and he would relax around her. I remember all the times my sister would come and play a game with me or take me out for ice cream whenever I would get overwhelmed with everything. Now that she's in her own pack, it was harder for us to spend time together. It wasn't the greatest feeling, but we would hangout whenever we got the chance. The joy and laughter that came from this moments always made up for the sadness of being the only one in the house. 

"He's such a child around you," I chuckled as we walked down the hall.

Cynthia grinned, "Yeah, I'm glad he still acts like that with me and Luthias. Our father targeted him the most, Luthias and I were lucky enough to be able to live with a family friend."

"Why didn't Obsidian?"

"Our father made sure our mother couldn't get him out of the territory, when she tried he....he ended her life." 

My eyes widened, "He murdered his own mate for that?"

"Mhm, our father wasn't a stable man, I can't remember a time where he was actually nice." 

"Did he abuse Obsidian?"

"Yes, he took out all his anger on him. He blamed Obsidian for our mother's death, but Luthias and I knew it wasn't our brother's fault. It was our psychotic father. He was such a sadistic person, enjoyed to see others in pain and writhing on the floor." 

"Has Obsidian ever seen a therapist?"

She nodded, "Yeah, as soon as our father was killed, we took him to one. She helped him a lot, he would be a very different man today if we hadn't forced him to go. Gods, he probably would have been like our father with his broken his mind was." 

I didn't say anything else afterwards, I knew it was hurting her to speak about their past. Her eyes reflected the sorrow from it all as the memories swirled in her mind. I knew how it felt to remember the awful times, where all you saw was darkness and pain. We soon went our separate ways, deciding to get our sleep for the night. 

I couldn't sleep though, I laid in my bed staring at the ceiling as the moon shined through my window. I couldn't stop thinking of what she had told me, of the horror that they all must have witnessed. I couldn't bare to think of the agony I would feel if I had to see my father kill my mother and blaming me for all of it. It's a miracle that Obsidian hadn't turned to the same corrupted thoughts his father had. I don't even want to imagine what it would be like if Obsidian was as evil and crazy as he was. 

A/N: So a lil bit of Obsidian's past came out. Please share with friends and family!!