Chapter 36

"You brought one of them here?" My father shrieked, glancing at the young hybrid.

I sighed as I fought off the dizziness from my wounds, "Dad, she's scared. She doesn't understand why she can suddenly shift, she has no recollection of it happening. I figured, since she seems willing to learn and work with us, we could get some answers from her or have a strong warrior on our side." 

He frowned as he studied her, his eyes held concern but I could tell he was curious. He was silent for a while, mulling over my idea before he finally let out a defeated breath. Walking over to the frightened girl, he knelt down to be eye level with her. 

"Do you remember what they did to you?" He asked gently.

She swallowed nervously, "Sort of, it comes back in small flashes." 

"Okay. Um...I just sent out some warriors to get deer blood for you, is that okay?"

"Yeah."

"Okay."

He pursed his lips as he stood up, placing his hands on his hips. I eventually turned away from them after giving her a encouraging smile, needing to find a spot where I could lay down. I let out a soft groan as I stood up, pain from the claw marks sliced through me, causing me to collapse onto the bench again. I tried taking a few calming breaths, but it did nothing to help the burning agony that coursed through each mark. Clenching my fists, I forced myself up again, biting back a cry as I moved towards the exit. 

"Where do you think you're going?"

I froze at the sound of his voice, chills ran up and down my spine while butterflies made their appearance in my stomach. Ever so slowly I turned towards him, staring at him in shock. I wasn't expecting to see him standing before me, no one had told me he was even awake. 

"I...um...to go and rest," I stammered. 

He raised an eyebrow, "No. You're going to go and see a doctor to clean those wounds and to watch over you as you rest here."

"What are you even doing out of bed anyway?" I questioned, ignoring what he had said for now.

"It has been an hour since I woke up, I feel fine now. My wolf healed everything beautifully, according to the doctors and I was allowed to leave. Now, enough about me, you need to rest here, in a hospital."

I tried arguing with him, but he just rolled his eyes in return and threw me over his shoulder, ignoring my threats. I eventually gave up and glared at the ground, mumbling a few curse words here and there. He carefully laid me on a bed before calling a nurse over, requesting for someone to check me. As the woman scurried off to find a doctor, I folded my arms across my chest and continued glowering at Obsidian. 

"What?" He asked innocently.

I frowned, "I can heal by myself."

"No, you can't. There's venom in your wounds, hence the purple liquid dripping out of them. Did you not notice?"

I quickly looked down, sure enough there was a dark purple liquid oozing from my wounds. I almost gagged at the sight but swiftly focused myself on Obsidian again, knowing my face was white as a sheet right now. 

He smirked, "I guess not." 

"Don't go scolding me, you didn't tell anyone about your head injury until it was almost too late," I snapped.

"I didn't even know I had one, I didn't remember hitting my head." 

"Yeah okay." 

He narrowed his eyes at me, "And you got my sister injured, if we're going to throw blames around."

"I did not! I told her and Lin to leave, but she followed me. I was trying to drag the hybrid away from the pack."

"A true alpha can order someone to leave them," he hissed, arrogance practically dripping off each word.

I could feel pure rage growing within me as I continued staring at him, taken aback by what he just said. Is he saying I'm not a true alpha? I'm a royal for crying out loud, but so is his sister, I can't just order another royal around. I tightened my grip on the sheets as we continued glaring at each other, the pettiness practically glowing between us. 

I flipped him off before crawling out of the bed, grumbling about him being the biggest asshole I had ever met. I yelped when he suddenly grabbed me and placed me back on the stretcher, telling me to quit being a stubborn brat. I wanted to continue arguing with him, but the intense wave of dizziness had hit me before I could say another word. I fell back towards the pillow, my eyes fluttering shut while I tried fighting off the urge to sleep. I attempted to move, but someone quickly grabbed me and cradled me against them, telling me to quit making it worse.

I laid my head against his chest, breathing in his calming scent. I was confused by my sudden inability to function, it was as if my body was completely numb. The thought of losing all my senses threw me into a panic, I could hear myself begging for help, but it was all muffled. Darkness nipped at the edges of my blurred vision, I tried fighting it off, but it was a losing battle. I clung onto Obsidian's shirt, my breaths coming out in quick gasps of trepidation. I could feel myself crying, but I didn't know what about. I loathed how I was so vulnerable in front of him, the man who claimed I wasn't a true alpha. The words still stung, the reminder of how hurtful he can be causing me to try to push him away. I heard myself saying I'm an alpha, telling him I'm still young though. 

Then it all suddenly stopped as I plunged into the darkness that was awaiting me. 

A/N: Dun dun dunnn