Chapter 25

"What caused this sudden burst of emotion?"

I silently lied beside him, still refusing to shift into my human form so I'll be stark naked in front of him. I let out a soft whine, not wanting to need to answer his question. Instead, I avoided him by watching the forest come to life as the wind raced through the trees with spring's song. Flowers were in bloom, surrounding the fantasy like clearing we were in. It put me into a dreamlike state, my eyelids were halfway shut as the earth's melody lulled me to sleep.

"Okay, you can answer that later," Obsidian whispered.

When I woke up it was sunset, blood orange colors flooded the forest, enhancing the beauty of the setting sun. I lifted myself back onto my paws an stretched out my muscles, trying to get rid of the grogginess that still floated around me. After shaking out my fur and taking a deep, relaxing breath I turned to see Obsidian gone. Panic gripped at my chest as I looked around, desperately trying to find the quiet alpha.

"Will you quit spinning around like a pissed off horse? You're going to attract attention from those two rogues over there."

I froze, slowly I lifted my head to see Obsidian sitting in the tree on one of its thickest branches. His eyes were focused on something in the distance, which I was assuming were the rogues he was speaking of. I followed his gaze and finally saw them, laying my ears flat, I gently pressed myself to the ground and crawled forward.

"They look really young," Obsidian mumbled. "And sick."

I managed to get a better view of them and almost yelped in surprise, I know rogues are dirty and thin but this was a whole new level. Patches of fur were missing on their bodies, their eyes were bloodshot and shining red, their mouths were hanging open as they panted like they had just run several miles and their nails were awfully long. You could make out each bone in their body, it was as if they were walking skeletons. The horrific scene sent chills down my spine as I began backing up, not wanting to look at them anymore.

"Watch out!"

I snapped my head up at his warning to see them sprinting towards me, showing their longer than normal teeth. My fur bristled as I dodged the first one and latched onto the second one's neck, slamming it into the ground. I tore at its flesh, resisting the urge to puke at the deathly taste. Blood soaked its fur, but the wound did nothing to slow it down. They both jumped onto me, clawing at my body and trying to grab my neck. I saw a flash of white before one of them suddenly got thrown against a tree. I forced the second one off of me and grabbed it by the throat again, shaking it until I felt its windpipe break under the pressure of my jaw. I dropped its limp form to see Obsidian pinning the other down, he grabbed it by its snout and began dragging it in the direction of the house. He motioned towards the one by me, telling me to bring the body as well. I internally groaned, dreading to have that disgusting taste on my tongue again.

I growled when he barked at me, getting me to hurry up. I angrily followed him, cursing him out in my head as I dragged the body with me.

Asshole.

~~~~~~~

"Someone seemed to cross vampire and werewolf DNA, creating....this thing."

I stared at the raging hybrid as it threw itself against the silver bars, its fur burning off with each touch. The pack doctor made gave it a look of dismay as he turned and continued looking at the blood results. He then looked at the body of the second one, his eyebrows furrowing.

Obsidian sighed, "Who the hell would think that's a good idea? I know a werewolf didn't mate with a vampire, it's impossible for them to form a baby....right?"

"Correct. Their DNA is far too different than ours for it to mix ... naturally, a scientist did this. Someone who knows how to mix opposite cells to create something of such bizarre nature," the doctor replied.

I bit my lip, "Like a hunter."

They both looked at me in shock, "What?"

"When they were testing drugs on me at their base, I saw something else on the woman's computer. I couldn't get the greatest look, but it had info on both vampire blood and werewolf blood. It looked as if they're trying to combine the two species, but I refused to believe it and looked away. I thought it would be impossible. "

"It's supposed to be, but if they have a witch on their side, it can happen," the doctor replied. "These hunters were planning something big, they might not kill us with silver, they might try having these monsters kill us."

Obsidian clenched his jaw, "Burn the body, I'll have Malachi take care of the live one. Do you need him for further studies?"

"Yes, allow me a few days to figure out how they behave and what can hurt them. I can maybe find a solution to this....thing."

"Very well."

I silently followed Obsidian as he stormed out of the dungeons, trying to not pester him about the wound on his leg. He wasn't supposed to shift, he can't shift for another two weeks, but he did today. I felt as if it was partially my fault for not being able to handle the two hybrids, but I knew if I said that he would tell me I'm being foolish. There was no way I could handle two hybrids by myself, especially when we barely know anything about them.

"Why does he need to study it more if we know we can break their necks?" I asked softly.

Obsidian let out a breath, "Because you dislocated your jaw doing it and it takes too long. Their necks should break within seconds if they were normal werewolves. But it took you an entire minute, in battle, that minute can get you killed."

"Got it."

"Now, you are going to answer my question from earlier. What caused your sudden emotional breakdown?"

I groaned, "I thought you forgot about that."

"Nope."

Folding my arms across my chest, I tipped my chin up, "I'm not telling you."

"Oh really?"

"Really."

I let out a squeak when he suddenly pinned me against the wall, pressing his body against mine. We stared at each other, our hearts beating against our chests as his eyes darkened a little. Staring into his eyes introduced a new rush of emotions, making my legs slightly weaker and my body to do other things that I wasn't proud of. I could feel my cheeks heating up as he continued studying me, as if whatever he had planned vanished from his mind. He looked down my body before looking back up, meeting my eyes. He furrowed his eyebrows a little, as if trying to understand something that I said. Except, I didn't say anything, I couldn't understand why he was suddenly confused.

"What are you doing to me?" He whispered.

A/N: Hehehe ;)