Chapter 40

I stared at him in stunned silence, my mind going over his words repeatedly as if I couldn't bring myself to believe him. Part of me was ecstatic that he held the same feelings as me, but the other part of me was hesitant. What if's swam through my head, wondering if he was pulling a prank on me or if he was going to back out and reject me later on. Seeing my fear, he gently cupped my face and made me look at him, the feeling that rushed through me as our eyes met was indescribable. It was if the entire world just froze, reality vanished completely as I melted into his touch and captivating gaze. He didn't say anything as he leaned in and pressed his lips on mine, throwing all his emotion into it as we fell back onto the couch. Warmth spread throughout my body as he grinded against me, small growl like moans escaping his mouth as his body responded to the sudden action. 

He eventually pulled away as we both pulled in air, our gazes connecting once more. He gently stroked my cheek with his thumb, his eyes holding an emotion I have never seen before. His lips twitched a little before he allowed himself to smile. 

"You have no idea how badly I want you," he whispered. 

I swallowed my sudden shyness, "You won't leave me?"

"Never."

"So, when are you guys going to make the mating official? You know us werewolves normally complete it within a week of meeting each other," Cynthia questioned as she licked her ice-cream.

I rolled my eyes, "My parents didn't complete it for two years until they were married."

"Boring."

"Oh, shut up."

"Anyways, Malachi is now stable and doing well. Gods only know where Fernando is, his father is claiming Obsidian did something to him. Your mother set him straight though."

I raised an eyebrow, "My mom?"

"I'm not entirely sure what happened, but there was an argument before he lunged at your father but your mother stepped in and punched him. Knocked him right on his ass."

"That's my mother for you, always protecting her alpha."

Cynthia sighed, "I hope to have a relationship like theirs some day, how did they even meet?"

"My dad was actually a complete asshole to her, but my mother didn't back down and spoke her mind anyway. When they were forced to get along for a while, they just sort of fell." 

"Was he abusive?"

"No, just a jerk. He would always have a problem with her ideas and then they would get into an insult match. They acted the same way to each other, how it didn't end up as a toxic relationship is beyond me."

Cynthia chuckled, "Was your dad the typical, cold hearted alpha?"

"Not really, he was just...arrogant."

"Ew."

"I know, but he has gotten better from what I've been told by my mother."

For the following few hours we stayed in the hospital, watching over Malachi as we grew more and more anxious for him to wake up. He was beginning to worry all of us, he would go from being stable to unstable. His vitals were all over the place and his heart was having a difficult time trying to keep up. They had found an infection in his wounds that started forming, which explained his sudden downhill health. The thought of him not making it broke my heart, not only for myself, but for Cynthia and Obsidian too. I know the two will go after Fernando and while I'd love to see the guy get the shit beaten out of him, I didn't want them accidentally starting a war with Spain. 

I let out a tired breath as I tried making myself more comfortable in the hospital chair, but my muscles were protesting against the movement. I looked over at Obsidian to see him dozing, his hand slowly slipping from holding his head up as he began falling deeper into sleep. I smiled softly before making my way over to him, I sat beside him on the small bench like chair before gently pulling him down into my lap. His eyes snapped open for a few seconds as he stared at me, however the alertness that was shining in his light colored orbs soon vanished as he closed his eyes again. He relaxed into my touch, his breathing evening out and his weight becoming heavier. I began running my fingers through his hair as I watched Malachi's heart beat on the monitor, silently praying for him to make it through this. 

A/N: Short chapter to get myself back into the groove of things lol. But huge news guys!

After this book is finished, I will be moving onto Inkitt. Don't worry, my stories are free on there as well! I have a brand new story on there already called Craving, the prologue and chapter 1 are posted!

Check it out!

inkitt.com/stories/romance/565549

Wattpad isn't allowing me to say anything about my new thing, jesus, it's irritating.