Chapter 33

"I prefer traitor."

I shot up in my bed completely alarmed, gasping for air as I felt my chest. Sighing in relief, I leaned back against my pillows. It was only a dream, a terrible one, but it wasn't real. I guess the argument with Fernando had bothered me more than I let on, I thought clearing my head and taking a nap would help with the anger. However, it didn't, I was still seething as I slipped out of my bed and combed through my slightly knotted hair. Taking a deep breath, I decided to see if Obsidian was done surgery or if not, an update on how it's looking. 

I slowly walked through the hallways, images of my dream flashing through my mind as I attempted to not seem jumpy. I internally cursed myself out, telling myself to quit being so skittish and to hold my head up high. If Fernando saw me right now, he would most likely begin teasing me about his statement making me nervous, making me likely the traitor. I knew what it was he was trying to do, he was trying to throw the attention off of him and onto me. For someone so cocky, you would think he'd love all the attention. Then again, I had caught on quickly, he most likely didn't want anyone else catching on. Despite that I had basically revealed his plan to all the others, hopefully crushing them. 

I frowned, doubtful that I had managed to ruin his plans that easily. He's most likely going to be sneakier with it, either way, without Obsidian he could get a hand on his territory. Malachi is a decently smart and strong guy, but I'm not sure if he would be able to handle a royal if challenged by one. 

Stepping into the hospital's waiting room I quickly caught Cynthia, she was sitting in a chair beside a rather attractive man. He had similar features to Obsidian, except for his eyes being a bright golden color. He's most likely Luthias, unless they have a third brother Cynthia never told me about, but I doubt it. 

"Hey," I spoke, gaining her attention.

She gave me a tired smile, "He's still in surgery, but it's looking good so far." 

"Thank gods," I breathed out, relieved to hear some good news. "You must be Luthias."

The man raised an eyebrow as he turned towards me, his eyes holding a sleepy look. He nodded, giving me a small smile, "That would be me."

Cynthia chuckled, "He didn't get much sleep and refuses to rest."

"These chairs are meant for smaller wolves, not me."

"Oh, please, you're so dramatic."

Luthias shrugged, "Just stating facts."

I chuckled as I took a seat beside Cynthia, "These chairs aren't big enough for anyone to sleep in, unless they're a child."

Luthias pursed his lips, "Touche." 

"I still don't understand why Obsidian wouldn't tell us about a possible head injury. We could have avoided some of this if he had told us," Cynthia voiced, frowning as she stared at the ceiling. 

Luthias sighed, "Didn't you say he was drunk? He most likely hit his head, but didn't realize it."

"Since when is Obsidian the type to knowingly get drunk?" 

"Since the other night, apparently." 

I leaned back in the chair, "You don't think someone would try to drug him, do you?"

"I mean, at this point, I'm not sure what can possibly happen." 

"You're thinking of something," Luthias suddenly voiced, eyeing me. "What is it?"

I bit my lip, "Prince Fernando, he wants to take over the North American packs."

"Which would mean he has to either challenge Obsidian or if Obsidian passes, then one of us," Cynthia murmured.

Luthias scoffed, "I can handle the idiot, if he's thinking he'll just challenge Malachi, he has another thing coming. Malachi isn't a heir to the throne, considering our brother doesn't have a child, me or Cynthia are next in line." 

"Technically, I am since I'm the eldest, but you already know how I feel about becoming a queen." 

"Exactly. So, Prince Fern-boy will have to fight me," Luthias smirked. "Let him, I'm just itching to break someone's neck." 

Cynthia raised an eyebrow, "As you can tell, Luthias is basically a more outspoken Obsidian."

I laughed, "I can tell. But I would pay to watch him break Fernando's neck." 

"You two are so violent," she groaned. 

"Family of Obsidian?" 

All three of us snapped our attention to a young nurse, she smiled softly and walked towards us. She took a seat before us, "King Obsidian will be fine, he pulled through beautifully. However, he isn't out of the woods until he wakes up. He's still in coma we believe, there is some swelling in the brain but that's to be expected. I would give it a few days before we begin watching for signs of alertness. Normally, a patient doesn't wake as soon with the amount of swelling he has." 

Cynthia breathed a sigh of relief, "Hey, at least it's something. Better than hearing he didn't make it through."

The nurse smiled, "That's a great way to look at it. Give us about thirty minutes to get him settled and everything, I'll come out and bring you three in once we're ready."

"Thank you," Luthias grinned, winking at the nurse.

She rolled her eyes before flashing her hand, "Engaged." 

As she walked away, Cynthia and I couldn't help but burst out laughing at Luthias' face. He frowned and folded his arms across his chest, "I wasn't flirting."

Cynthia snorted, "Oh, yeah, you totally weren't winking flirtatiously at her." 

"Fuck off." 

"How is your future boo?"

I chuckled softly at Lin's text, "Not my future boo, ma'am. And he's doing great so far, we just have to wait for him to wake up now."

I slipped my phone into my pocket and sighed, I silently studied Obsidian's features with a slight smile. To say this man was beautiful would be an understatement, he's absolutely perfect. Aside from the issues he has, nothing he can't work through though. 

A/N: She's so deep in denial of her feelings, she might need a life guard to save her.