Chapter 19

Walking into the foyer was like walking into the most elegant castle of Europe, except it was in the Unite States. I couldn't stop gaping at the decoration, the beautiful marble floors, the bright walls and the grand staircase before me. There were two openings on either side of me, I'm assuming one lead to the kitchen area and the other to a sitting area or something close to it. Despite being a princess and living within a castle of my own, it was nothing like this. 

You could say my home is quite dark compared to Obsidian's brightly colored walls and the white marble flooring, they don't even need any lights in here during the day. The sunlight poured through the large windows behind me, giving the foyer a peaceful feel. I silently followed Malachi up the stairs, partially listening to him as he explained where I would be staying. My eyes continued scanning the halls, the marble flooring seemed to be a thing in all the hallways, except upstairs it had a runner rug. The rug was grey, teal and navy blue with beautiful designs in it. The walls were darker up here, they went from a grey/blue to a navy blue, but keeping the white lining. The doors were a mahogany though, not of my taste but they still looked lovely. Silver colored lamps hung on the walls, giving very little light with the large windows that seemed to line the hall. 

Sunlight filtered through them, the sun's warmth wrapped around me, making my tense muscles relax. I was pulled from my trance when Malachi suddenly stopped, causing me to walk straight into him. 

"You okay?" He asked, his lips twitching as he fought the urge to smirk.

I stuck my tongue out at him, earning a laugh, "I'm good." 

"I guess this isn't what you expected it to be?" He mused as he opened a door, revealing a beautiful bedroom. 

The walls were maroon, the flooring wasn't marble but instead a milk chocolate colored laminate wood. There were a large dresser facing the bed which seemed very inviting, the dresser was a dark brown which matched the bed. The quilt on the bed was maroon as well, but the sheets underneath were a cream color. There was a large window with a bench before it, the cushion was a cream color and the decorative pillows were maroon and white. White curtains hung from the rod above, barely blocking any light from getting into the room. I placed my bags on the bed before noticing there were a few more shelves and a bathroom, which was quite extravagant in its own way. 

"I'm assuming you like it?" Malachi suddenly asked, pulling me from my exploring once again.

I awkwardly cleared my throat, "Who designed this place? They have a beautiful eye."

"Obsidian."

I froze, taken aback by his answer. Not in a million years would I suspect that Obsidian was quite the interior designer, but it seems I was proved wrong. I ran a hand through my hair, still in awe of the place. 

"It's beautiful," I breathed.

Malachi smiled, his eyes glazed over with a hint of sorrow, "This was a hobby he picked up to avoid his father at times."

"What did his father do?"

"That's not for me to tell. I'm going to check on Obsidian and then find his sister, you're welcome to explore the house a bit more."

"Thank you."

He nodded before leaving the room, allowing me to relax as I fell onto the bed. I moaned as I sunk into the mattress, my tired body finally getting the comfort it needed. It wasn't soon that I had fallen asleep, forgetting that I wasn't even unpacked or even took my shoes off. 

~~~~~~

After my lovely nap I decided to explore some more, venturing into many different hallways and discovering more amazing decor. I ran into a few pack members, but barely said a word to them as I would scurry by them. I didn't want to face everyone just yet, I had no idea how they would react to another alpha in the place. Especially when I'm from the Canadian territory, my scent was completely different and some may take it as a threat. With Obsidian so ill, I could tell his pack was on high alert, scared for their leader.