•Chapter 24:"Face Your Fears Pt. I: BOW to the losERS"•

We are already inside the horrifying dead -probably haunted- house. With cobwebs, dust and dirt everywhere. I looked at the same place, I remember the last time we came in here 'unprepared' because of some fighting and irrational decisions.

I realized everyone brought a flashlight, except for me, but I did have a phone and that seems to be the only option.

So I took out the modern device -even though I didn't want to, but do I have a choice?- and turn on the flashlight icon with just a few taps as I lifted it with one of my hands, holding it on my dear life.

Richie who is beside me, gave a curious glance on my phone and tilted his head to his left too and looked on the small ball of light that is coming from it.

"I have got to get me one of those." He said to himself loudly that some heads tilted at us and tilted back from what they we're doing.

"Shh! Focus Richie." I said to him eyebrows narrowed with my index finger holding up to my nose on my other free hand.

"Okay, okay! Jeez Y/N just curiously amazed by your thing." He said with both of his arms in the air causing the light on his flashlight that he is holding to point upwards.

I sighed, maybe i'm being too focused into this thing. Obviously we are going to save Bev and she's fine. Besides in the movie they save her, well they did just without me in it.

I guess Richie is trying to light the mood up and I don't blame the guy. This thing what we are doing is probably going to cause us a serious 'life and death situation'. Even though it may sound silly if you tell it to the police.

"It is called a smartphone. No more questions, and don't be so curious about certain stuff. I've been there." I said to him as he just laughed it off and we just kept going with us on the tails.

"Whatever you say, princess." He said giving me those smirk at me as I looked at him stunned. For the whole half year, I never heard him said any of those nicknames of him to me. I guess what i'm trying to say is, i'm not used to it anymore.

I smiled at his antics and said,

"So, back at the nicknames are we?"

"Well at first it was fun calling you nicknames and see your face blush and call me off for not using it. But you got used to it so... I stopped." He said. I nodded and then looked down embarrassed, what he said was true but then a string of memory clicked from me which got me thinking this whole trip and looked up to see the skinny figure leading our group.

"Yuh-You deserve better. You duh-deserve somewhere else. You deserve s...someone else better than him."

I was still curious on what he said on the last bit. I was confused and also having mixed emotions of sadness? Anger? But then I still care for him.

Fuck feelings.

"Boys am I right?" He whispered to me as I looked to him and see his eyes directed to the same brown haired figure that I probably looked like i'm staring at him at this point so I cut my sight off him and look in another direction.

"You like him, don't you?" Richie whispered again.

Yes. But....

"No." I answered simply in the same whispered voice to him.

"Liar." He said.

"I am not!" I said defending my answer which I probably shouldn't because-

"See? You are offended by your words. You knew the truth and the truth that you like him." He said at this point we are kind of far behind the group but still near enough to see them.