10

JUST AS THE sounds of glass shattering and electricity crackling filled the hangar, Reggie ran behind a cargo box, shielding him and Frankie from the upcoming rain of bullets.

"What is that?" Reggie yelled, referring to the weird guns shooting electrical devices.

"Launchers," Minho answered, "Who let them loose?"

"Hardly think it bloody matters right now!" Newt shouted back.

"How do we do this?" Thomas asked, looking at Minho, "You're in charge this time."

The latter shot him a sharp look but nodded curtly. "Okay, I'll fire right, Newt fires left. Thomas and Brenda you fire over the box. Jorge, you scout a way for us to get to your shuck Berg. Shoot anything that moves or wears black. Get ready."

"What about us?" Reggie inquired

Minho looked at Brenda and motioned for her with his chin.

Brenda nodded. She pulled out two automatic handguns from the crate behind her back. Before Reggie could even move, Frankie took them both.

"Hey! Share!"

"Nope," Frankie replied with a smile. She knew he was referring to the old cereal memory that she shared with him yesterday.

Brenda took out a Launcher this time and handed it to Reggie. "Be careful. It's heavy."

"Yes!" Reggie hissed in triumph.

"I'll take left with Newt. You two, right."

Frankie kept her grip firmly on the handles and placed her index fingers on its triggers, taking a stance.

"Okay!" Minho shouted, "Now!"

They made their moves. Frankie leaned half of her body out from behind the crate and aimed for the guards' legs. Any guard who was unfortunately in her line of view.

Gunfire and screams filled the air of the hangar, along with the staticky sound of electricity. There were also Reggie's excited whoops. He was having a good time, like a boy trying out his new toy.

Some of the guards bolted for cover.

"We've got them running!" Minho yelled, "But it won't last long. Jorge, which Berg?"

"That one," Jorge pointed towards the far left corner of the hangar. There laid a Berg with its large hatch door laid open, resting on the ground. "That's my baby. It won't take long to get her ready."

Minho shot another grenade, "Okay. First, everyone reload. Newt and I'll cover while all of you run to the Berg. Jorge, you get her fired up while Thomas and Brenda cover for us behind that hatch door. Reg, you good with Frankie?"

Reggie nodded, "Yeah, sure."

"Good, because I need her to cover for these three shanks along the way. Don't forget the box. And the leg. Sound like a plan?"