20

"ISN'T THIS THE Grief Serum?"

Frankie stared at the sacred liquid, glimmering under the lamp light.

"No. It's some kind of magic enzyme harvested from Minho and Thomas' blood," Reggie paused for a second, "If you look really closely, it's a bit murkier than the ones we got in the Maze."

"And this can cure Newt?"

"We don't know if it's the cure. But at least he could be sane for a couple of weeks."

After Frankie shared the story of Newt's arrest (in a rather quick and short conclusion of: "Four guys, claiming to be airport security, came. I fought them off, but Newt shot me with a Launcher and he was taken away"), Reggie took the liberty of retelling their adventure of finding Hans, with a small help from Brenda. Once finished, he moved the storyline back to tell her about the Right Arm.

"Gally?" Frankie looked at Thomas and Minho, who had been sitting by her side, watching from the sideline in silence, for confirmation. "Really? Keeper of Builders, Gally?"

Thomas nodded tiredly and repeated, "Keeper of Builders, Gally."

She pressed her lips tight before speaking, "Come on, shanks. Stop acting like he's already dead."

"Can't exactly act happy right now, can we?" Minho said back wittily.

"He's gonna be fine."

"How do you know that? He even shot you with a shucking Launcher when he—"

Frankie finally let go of Minho's hand to reach over and slap the back of his head.

She felt like she hadn't done that in forever.

"Ow! What was that for—"

"He stopped them from killing me," Frankie looked straight at Minho's eyes, "He shot me so I could be left here. He will be just fine."

"Besides, we have this," Brenda added, motioning to the cure.

"The Crank Palace would be full of Cranks, wouldn't it?"

Everyone looked at Reggie like he had grown two heads, until he spoke again, "If we tell Newt we have a possible cure in our hands, and someone overheard..."

"I guess we better talk him nicely into leaving with us. When we're back here, we tell him."

"Ah, I need to—" Brenda stood up with a huff and made her way into the storage room.

"What are you looking for?" Reggie called out to Brenda.

"Needles!"

"Oh, I got it." Frankie took out two medical hypodermic needles from her sleeves, still sealed in its plastic wrap.

"You hid needles in your body?" Thomas mused.

She shrugged, "Old habit."

To be precise, she hid at least one thing that could be weaponized in her body.