Part 2 - Chapter 22

1 month later 

10:00am

so, josh was gone. yes, i thought i would b happy. but. im not. it made me feel nice when he protected me. even when i didnt want it. becasue it mant he cared. but now that i have pushed him away it feels so wrong. and he sounded so sure. but how not how. why did i think that. i knew Q was never going to leave me, he promised. he even got a job so he could help pay for more things around the house. like the water bills and everything. its great. but he works so hard. and i miss him everyday. he gets home late and leaves early in the morning. i barely get to see him. and hes always so tired. he has massive bags under his eyes and is always sleeping when hes at home. the weekends are the only time i really get to spend with him. but its still great. for the past week he has been taking half shifts. so he can come home earlier so i see him on weekdays too. because before it was all just a big mess. i would wake up alone every morning, and when i went to bed i was alone. but i woke periodicly when he would get home and lay down.

it depresses me how hard he works. i have constantly tried to conivnce him to quit his job. but he never listens. because he has to provide for everyone. im not sure why. but its starting to scare me. he is always tired and everything. he might get sick. and then he will insist on working. the poor guy. i asked carlos to talk to him but he wont listen to anyone. not even his mates. i really want josh to come back. Q will listen to him. but if i ask him to come back then he will probably yll at me and he wont return. he would laugh in my face. and h wouldnt help.

"psst, jenny. stop daydreaming!" alice was next to me writing down notes.
"sorry."
"your supposed to be a physics major! now pay attention!"

great alice you reminded me of more shit. Q pulled out of uni so he could work more. i dont see why he wants to work so much. we have plenty of money. we have plenty extra since he started working. he earns 300 a day, and that was enough. more than enough. way more than enough.

he wanted me to use the money for text books and stuff but i refused. he earnt that money through blood sweat and tears. and i wanted him to use it. he would always get angry when i refused. but that was ok. i wanted him to use the money and stop working. i still wasnt entirely sure what he did.  but i knw it was out of town so he had to drive alot. the poor guy. i need him. i need him to stop working so hard. i need him to use his money for himslef. i need him to stay with me.

the class was finished and i was about to walk to my next class when i got a call. it was an unknown number but i answered anyway. it was probably important.

"hello?"
"hello, is this jenny?"
"umm. yes. who is this?"
"this is mr mongregoul."
"who?"
"do you know Quentin?"
"yes, hes my fiance."
"well this is his boss."
"oh my gosh. is he fired? please tell me hes fired!"
"what? no. hes not fired."
"then what?!"
"uh, it pain me to say this. but-"
"BUT WHAT?!"
"there has been an accident."
"WHAT?! OM MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED!" my eyes were welling with tears and i was running to the car.
"well, you know how he has been working very late. i have offered him many days off but he refuses. and he hasnt had much sleep lately. while he was working he fell asleep and the forklift hit the edge of the building frame. it knocked out a few screws and it came crashing down. we called the ambulance immediately. he arrived in hospital three minutes ago. im so sorry."
"no.....no..... NO!!!"
"again. im sorry." he hung up.

"no..... why......" i rested my head on the sterring wheel and cried. "why. why. not him. not now. arrrgggghhhh!!"

i sat up straight and drove out of the carpark. the hospital was 20 minutes away by car. i could barely see because my eyes were wet with tears.

when i drove down the street i saw all the peopl walking around holding hands and it made me cry so much more. i let my head down for a second then looked back up and there was a red light infront of me. now like a metre behind me. i quickly slammed on the brakes and stopped in the middle of the intersection. there was a large truck coming towards me from the other direction. all in slow motion. 

the car skidded when the brakes when on. smoke going everywhere. the large truck driver looked terrifeied and slammed on the brakes. th massive truck skidded trying to stop but the mass was to large, physics knew it wouldnt stop in time, and so did i. so i braced myself. i put my head betwen my legs and my hands over my head. sitting oon the floor.

the front and side of the truck hit the back of the car and sent it spinning around into a building. it stopped a metre in and i got up. my hands were covered in blood and my whole body was aching. i looked around and there were horrified people all around me. a woman came running towards me and i didnt know why. until i was in her arms and i realised i was collapsing. then i blacked out.

~

i awoke in a hospital bed. i sat up and it ook me a few seconds to recollect my memory.

"Quentin?!" i stood up and walked to the door. but as soon as i opened it there was a nurse standing at the door. she forced me back to the bed.
"rest!"
"NO!! i cant! were is Quentin!! i need to see him!"
"your injured!"
"what?!" i looked down and my left arm was wrapped up in a thick bandage.
"you got 32 stitches in your arm."
"what?! it doesnt matter! i need to see Quentin!"
"who?"
"My fiance! he was in an accident at work! i need to see him!"
"the one with the forklift story?"
"Yes!"
"hes in the room next door. i can take you there if you wa-"
"Quentin!!!" i ran ou the door and into the next room.

he was laying there lifeless in the hospital bed. there was a cast on his left leg and arm. there was also a bandage over his head.

"no...." i walked over to the bed.

i grabbed a chair and sat by the bed. i took his and in mine and squeased it tight.

"oh Q. what has happened to you." the nurse appeared behind me.
"are you okay?"
"yeah.. but hes not. is he."
"hes in a coma. we dont know when he will awake."
"is he going to be ok?"
"we. we dont know for sure."
"oh god. its all my fault hes like this. i shouldve been more strict."
"its not your fault. "
"yes, yes it is. i asked him to stop working but i didnt inforce it."
"look, he was in an accident. nothing was anyones fault ok."
"yeah ok. ok."
"do you want to stay here for a while? or would you like to leave?"
"i'll stay here a while longer if thats ok."
"thats fine."

****************************************

oh gosh. its so depressing. i cried writing this aswell :'(

so, do you guys enjoy the story? im dying to hear from you! i really want to know your opinions! tell you what. wanna make a deal. if you comment what you think i will read a story you have published and tell you what i think(only positive.) so, your choice

remember vote or comment!

~jen