Prologue. Your old and new life

~ Some of you may recognise this story from my other book, The Hobbit Imagines. I have written some parts of this story in this book but I think I want to try to create a book out of it. I won't change the prologue but I might add some things to the other chapters. I hope you'll enjoy! ~

You laid on your bed, listening to the radio. It was a dark, stormy morning and you didn't feel like getting up. School would have to wait until you were ready to be there and grace them with your presence. The first two hours would include history and your teacher who tried to make it feel like it wasn't so boring after all. Usually he failed. You yawned and pulled your blanket over your head. There was no way anyone could make you go to school today.

'Honey! Will you make sure you won't get up to late? You know you have to go to school right?' your mother yelled from downstairs. 'Hmnh...' you complained. 'Okay honey, have a great day at school!' she yelled and then you heard the front door opening and closing. There was no one else in the room but you... and your radio. You poked your head up from under the blanket and a mischievous smile spread on your face. 'I think it's time to rock this stage.'

You grabbed your comb from your dresser and jumped out of bed. 'Thank you! Thank you lady's and gentlemen! The great (y/n) is here to entertain you this morning! Oh your applause is just to kind! Let's see which song I'll sing for you this morning...' you said to the invisible audience. 'And now here, on Airway-Radio, it's a song you probably haven't heard in a long while... Smash Mouth with I'm a believer' 'Great choice!' you muttered.

'I thought love was only true in fairy tales' you sang while jumping around your room pretending to play the guitar. 'Meant for someone else but not for me. Love was out to get me. That's the way it seems. Disappointment haunted all my dreams' you pouted while singing and jumped on your bed. 'And then I saw his face. Now I'm a believer!' you yelled when suddenly the ding-dong of the bell interrupted your live performance.

The comb in your hand felt to the ground and you froze. 'Oh no, Kim!' You turned the radio off and ran downstairs. Your best friend Kim would have probably been waiting for you to cycle to school together. And of course you had forgotten to send her a text message to let her know... again. You opened the front door and was confronted with a frowning Kim. She looked at you in your pyjamas and sighed. 'Seriously (y/n)? Again? You know what. I think this time you owe me a big bowl of ice cream.'

You took a step back to let her in and waved your arm in an inviting way. 'Come in then. Let's have ourselves a nice ice-breakfast.' Kim laughed and shook her head. How could any women turn such an offer down? You lead the way towards the kitchen and got two of your mother's biggest bowls from the cabinet. 'I was already hoping you wouldn't go to school today' Kim said while you were trying to scoop the ice out. 'I didn't feel like going too, but at least now we can watch The Hobbit together!

Otherwise I had to watch it by myself.' You smirked but you were slightly annoyed with the ice cream. It just wouldn't get out of it's container. Kim laughed and walked up to you to take over. 'You do that, then I'll find the DVD.' Excitedly you ran to the living room to get the DVD in the TV. Kim rolled her eyes in the kitchen. 'Like you will have to look for it. I bet you have watched that movie at least every day since you've got it.'

'I didn't! Once I skipped one day!' came your reply. Kim got two spoons from the drawer and made her way into the living room. You had set everything up and were anxiously waiting for Kim to finally get in the room. 'What took you so long?' you asked. Kim raised an eyebrow at you and shoved the bowl in your hands. 'What took me so long? If it would still been you trying to get that ice out we would still be waiting for our ice cream.'

Kim elbowed you. 'Make some room for me.' You scuffled a little to your right and Kim sat down next to you. She started the DVD and you both laid back into the cushions to fully enjoy the movie. The begin always had you crying. You could feel the hurt on Thorin's face when you and him both realized what he had lost to the dragon. 'If I were there I would do anything to make him smile again' you sighed. Kim looked at you and decided to ignore that comment.