Chapter 10. The contract

~ Warning for some slight dirty talk, this is were the 'Parents strongly cautioned'  part will finally kick in. But I promise it will get worse in the next chapter... muhahahahaha.... -_-  I've never written anything like this before (I think) so let me know what you think! ~

You look at his ring that fits around your finger like it was made for you. He is still kneeling down in front of you, his fingers still holding your hand. 'May I have your permission to court you?' he asks with a soft voice. There is a mixture of hope and uncertainty in his eyes, you could tell. But it didn't take you long to answer him. 'Of course you can court me' you answer and his eyes immediately light up. He leans forward and captures your lips in a breathtaking kiss. You had often imagined how he would taste, but all your dreams were nothing compared to the real deal. His lips were soft and gentle as he kissed you, not possessive at all. 

His mouth tasted warm and you could hear a small moan escaping his mouth as he deepened the kiss. Suddenly the sounds of clapping and cheering got through to you and you remembered you were still in the presence of the Company. You withdrew and looked at the dwarfs around you. No one seemed to mind their King was kissing an ordinary human girl. They all seemed happy for you, even Bilbo winked at you, his ale still in his hand. 'It was about time' a certain wizard chuckled somewhere in the back. Thorin cupped your cheek and looked at you lovingly. 'We all wondered when you would finally admit your feeling to one another' Balin said, nodding his head approvingly. 

Thorin smiled at him and got up to his feet, pulling you with him. He lay a possessive arm around you and pulled you closer to him. The company silenced and looked at their leader. They all looked so happy to know their leader had found love even if it wasn't the most convenient time to do so. Fili and Kili seemed to be rather proud of themselves, puffing out their chests and wearing a smile from ear to ear. Kim gave you the thumbs up and smiled brightly at you. You smiled back at her, she knew how deep your love ran for him. When you let your eyes slide down you noticed a strong arm had found his way around her waist as well. 

You raised an eyebrow at her, she had told you many times she didn't feel anything for Dwalin. Yet, she wasn't fighting this loving gesture. Thorin cleared his throat and spoke; 'I think we're all happy we have our woman back with us' he started, earning another cheer from his company. He seemed very proud as he hold you close and his man cheered for their successful quest. 'As you all know by now, (y/n) and I are courting.' He gave your thigh a soft squeeze befor continuing. 'This means that none of you is allowed to touch her from this point forward, if any of you will touch her there is no room for apologies' he said, glaring at every single member of the company.

His eyes lingered on Gandalf, sending him a warning look. However, the wizard didn't seem too impressed with this. He merely chuckled and shook his head. Thorin narrowed his eyes but decided he wouldn't waste his breath on him. 'We will stay here for a few days, so get some rest and eat. We have a long road ahead of us' he finished and almost everyone went back to eating. Thorin walked to stand in front of you and brushed a hair from your face. A small smile played on his lips as he gently placed his forehead against yours. 'Know that you can tell me everything, I won't accept another's touch on your skin.' Your eyes locked and you could tell he meant it when he said that.

You nodded and gave him a small kiss. He placed his hand on the back of your head when you heard a small cough. Thorin turned around and you could see Balin standing behind him. 'Ah, Balin' Thorin said and bowed his head to the older dwarf. 'I think it's time to have the talk upstairs, my King' Balin informed and moved to the stairs. Thorin sighed but followed his old friend, holding your hand in his. 'What is he talking about Thorin?' you asked when you followed the dwarfs upstairs. 'It are just some small formalities lass. We need to make sure you understand your part in the courtship' Balin answered for Thorin. 'My part in the courtship?' you asked.