Chapter 8. Going in without a plan

~ (y/h/c/) = your hair color ~

That night you had fallen asleep peacefully. The green-blue haired man hadn't come to visit you that night, and you were quite thankful for that. You still weren't sure what was going on in this enchanted forest but you knew that you were in a lot of trouble. And you didn't even get the chance to send him a letter. Him? Who are you talking about. If you would like to say something to Lord Magnus you can say it to him directly. You placed your hand on the ring around your neck and the voice disappeared again.

It was a constant battle. Every time you tried to think about Thorin it felt like someone wanted you to forget his name. But you tried to remember yourself that you didn't grow up in this place and that you weren't married to this Lord Magnus guy. You were trying to figure out a way to get out of this place, but just like Marriet had already told you... there was no way out. Last night you had taken a walk around the castle and found that there were guards stationed at every door. Someone didn't want the girls to leave this place.

You prayed that Thorin would come and rescue you from this place but you also knew that he didn't know you had entered this forest. You were doomed and you knew it. But you wouldn't settle for this. Somehow you would find a way out of here, or your name wasn't (y/n). You got dressed this morning and when you opened your bedroom door you found that Marriet was waiting for you outside. 'How did you sleep?' she asked you and bowed her head a little. You bowed back before answering. 'I slept well, thank you, and you?'

'Me too. We must get on our way to the breakfast room. It's this way.' Marriet led the way towards the room and you couldn't believe your eyes. There were all kinds of goods on the tables, ten different kinds of pie and pudding, pastries and eggs. It all looked so good but before you could run towards it to stuff your face full with all the goodies, Marriet grabbed your arm and pulled you back. 'Don't eat to much, it only increases the spell they have put on you' she whispered in your hair. You sighed disappointed. It looked so good!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He could see the enchanted forest now, it wouldn't take them to long before they would enter it and hopefully find you. Yesterday Balin had already come to him to discuss their approach to this matter. Thorin already knew that it would prove to be a hard task to get you out of there but he didn't think it was impossible. He would do whatever it took to take you with him, even if it meant that he had to burn that whole forest down. It would be his pleasure. Balin had told him it wouldn't be the smartest decision, but Thorin didn't care. He wanted you back.

When they came close there were a few members of the company who walked in, others stayed behind in case the others wouldn't come back from their new quest. Thorin, Dwalin, Balin, Fili and Bofur went in to go looking for their three lost members. The others stayed behind. At first Thorin felt reluctant to get in when he came near the forest, but when he noticed a string of (y/h/c) hair hanging in a tree, no one could stop him from running in. His small company followed him right after and it wasn't long before they too were eye to eye with Lord Magnus.

Thorin wanted to take a step forward to tell the guy exactly what he thought of him but Balin pulled him back and talked to him in his place. 'We were on our way towards the Lonely Mountain when we were ambushed by an orc pack, we had no other choice then to seek safety in your woods' he explained to the Lord. Magnus didn't look at Balin but instead focused on Thorin. They had a staring contest and neither of them intended to let the other win. 'Led them to my castle' Magnus instructed the guards. Soon their hands were bound tightly behind their backs and they had no other choice then to follow Magnus back to his castle.

In front of the line Magnus whispered something to one of the guards who nodded and ran forward towards the castle. None of the dwarfs were happy with their treatment but Thorin didn't want them to escape, yet. They first had to find you and make sure you were alright. And, of course, find the wizard and the other woman as well. Dwalin would never forgive him if he left without Kim. They came near the building that Magnus had called his castle. 'Is this all?' Fili asked unimpressed. The guards didn't answer him, neither did Magnus.