Chapter 5. They got what they deserved

~ Warning for triggers: this chapter features prostitution. So if it might trigger anyting with you, don't read! ~

You wouldn't have reached the city of men until tomorrow but thanks to the pranks of two idiot princes, you had reached it today. They had 'accidentally' pushed you and Thorin in a pond together, and the King didn't think it was funny at all. After helping you out he narrowed his eyes and told everyone they wouldn't be resting again that day, he made the company travel faster then before. His punishment had taken it's toll on the company and everybody was thankful that they could lay down on the ground.

The cash of the company had ran low and they didn't seem able to catch food either. Thorin and Balin were discussing what to do next. 'We can try hunting again. Maybe we'll be successful today' Thorin said. But Balin shook his head. 'I don't think that will work, we will need money to be able to buy some supplies in the village of men. Maybe some of us can get a job here to earn some money' he suggested. Thorin crossed his arms and huffed.

His man had already earned money by following him on this quest, they shouldn't have to work for it. But Balin was right, it would be the best thing to do. 'Fine, we'll do it your way.' Thorin walked back to the rest of his company with Balin in his wake. Everyone silenced when he came into view, his sister-sons hiding behind Bombur. At least they knew they had been wrong for pulling their prank on him. He would make sure they would understand that this sort of thing held bad consequences.

'We've come far but our money is running low,' he began, feeling guilty he needed to ask this from his man, 'we will need to find work in the village of men. Everyone who can work should try to find a job. The more who will find something, the sooner we can leave.' The company nodded in agreement. 'Who will stay here to watch our supplies?' Bofur asked. Thorin hadn't thought about that yet... 'I will laddie, I'm afraid I won't be that much use in finding a job' Balin joked. Thorin placed a hand on his friend' shoulder.

His eyes crossed yours, and it suddenly hit him. You would leave hi... the company today. Gandalf had already told him that you would leave as soon as you reached the city of men. Thorin' face turned into a grimace and Balin looked at him worriedly. 'When will you leave?' he heard himself ask. The company started muttering and sharing confused looks. 'How do you mean they will leave?' Fili asked. 'Aye! They proved their worth, didn't they? Why do you still want them to go?' Kili asked.

He glared at them and it was enough to silence them. Thorin wanted to speak but you beat him to it. 'Kim and I will go on another quest of Gandalf's. We will follow another road' you explained. The dwarfs exchanged looks and Thorin could tell no one wanted to see their women leave the company. 'But what if you'll get in danger? What if you get hurt?' Dori asked worriedly. 'Aye, you can't leave on ya'r own, it won't be safe' Bofur joined in. 'Exactly, this is not even your world! Who's idea was this?' Nori said angrily.

Thorin raised an eyebrow at this. Even Nori decided to stick up for you. The women had really found their way into his company's hearts. And as much as he hated to acknowledge it, there was one of them in particular who had found her way into his. You turned your attention back to Thorin and looked him straight in the eyes. 'Kim and I will help you to earn money today, we weren't supposed to leave until tomorrow, so if it's alright with you we will stay until then...' Thorin stopped himself from eagerly nodding his head, he wanted you to stay so that you would be safe in his company.

But he wouldn't say that out loud, of course. 'You can do whatever you want' he said and turned around to lead his men to the village. Behind him you rolled your eyes and earned a pat on your back from Kim. When would that stubborn dwarf finally act normal towards you? 'Maybe he is just afraid being nice to you would kill him?' Kim whispered. 'I thought we were going on that quest to make sure he wasn't going to die' you muttered back.