Chapter 22. A request

~ Warning: for adult subjects, only briefly mentioned, and spoilers! ~

Where did that woman go now? We had just arrived in Lake Town a few nights ago and she kept getting lost. She said it was on accident but I knew she was just trying to annoy me in anyway she could. Now it was my job to find her again. If only she hadn't got herself in trouble once more. I grabbed Grasper and Keeper and head out of Bard's house. His daughters tried to stop me, saying I would draw to much attention to the house, but I had to find Kim. That woman had a knack of setting people off. I didn't have to go too far to find her. I first heard shouting coming from the marketplace a few streets to the right, and then I heard her high-pitched voice. What had she done this time?

I walked quicker then normal, prepared for whatever she had caused this time. And there she stood. In the middle of the crowd, shouting at a poor lad who looked sorry for whatever he had said or done. I tried to make my way through the people to get closer. 'You are unbelievable! Women have rights too! Who do you think you are little weasel!' Kim was yelling at the top of her voice. I rolled my eyes. Not that thing again. That woman just didn't want to understand the roles of man and woman were different in this world. 'I-I-I... I didn't mean that...' the lad tried, but it was already too late. 'THEN WHY DID YOU SAY IT!' Kim shouted. 'Give me a sword! I will teach how helpless a woman is!' 

I pushed the last people aside and threw an arm around Kim's shoulders. 'That's not going to happen. I'm sorry lad, she can be a little fierce from time to time. If I were you I would run away right now' and I didn't have to repeat that. The boy stammered something that sounded like thank you and took off immediately. Kim glared daggers at his back and tried to escape Dwalin's arm. 'Come back here! I'm not done!' I rolled my eyes and shot a warning look to the people around us. 'There is nothing to see here!' I said. The crowd broke apart rapidly and left the marketplace. 'Why did you do that!' she now yelled at me. I let her go and crossed my arms. 'Because I don't want to see ya get hurt love.' She stuck her nose in the air and walked away from me.

I chuckled and followed her. Thankfully she was going back to the house. 'You know I could have handled myself just fine in a fight' she huffed. I cocked an eyebrow. 'That was not my main concern. I was more worried about the lad and the whole town turning on you.' Kim ignored this comment. 'You can't always protect me you know' she shot back, storming inside the house. 'I'd like to try.' She narrowed her eyes as she looked at me. She couldn't hold that stare for long, a small smile broke through on her lips. 'Why are you so adorable?' Now it was my turn to frown. 'I'm no such thing.' She chuckled. She looked beautiful with that cheeky sparkle in her eyes. 'You are very adorable' she challenged me.

Without warning I took her in my arms, bridal style, and carried her towards our hosts's bedroom. 'What are you doing, master Dwarf?' she asked playfully. 'You have taunted me for too long lass. You don't for how long I have yearned to touch your body.' This wasn't the time for subtle hints and long romantic dinners. I wanted her. Now. 'So you will borrow our host' bed without asking, only because you can't control your lust for once?' she joked. I kicked the bedroom door open. 'Who talked about once?' 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dwalin and Kim had thoroughly 'investigated' the bedroom when they walked out, late at night. Bard and Sigrid were waiting for them at the dinner table. Two bowls of warm soup were waiting for them. Kim blushed violently and quickly apologized for using Bard's bedroom. He laughed it off and gestured for them to sit down. Dwalin didn't apologize and just sat himself down next to Kim, laying one protective arm around her shoulders. 'Have ya already found the others?' the dwarf asked. Bard placed his hands on the table. 'Not yet. My son will be back soon. If they have escaped the forest he will find them.' Dwalin nodded. There was tension in the room. According to Gandalf's plan, Kim and Dwalin would be joining the Company again in Lake Town.