Chapter 7. The girl is mine

(Thorin's P.O.V.)

'We'll go in the other direction!' I yelled. Some members started mumbling and I don't think they understood why. But I couldn't let her go entirely. I had a bad feeling about this and somehow I knew that they would enter that forest even after my warnings. If only there had been another wizard accompanying her. Yesterday I had protected her against those low lives and I wouldn't let that wizard get her into danger again. Those 'man' had learned it the hard way, never touch my women!

I had made sure the door to the room was locked before I left her there alone. It wasn't hard to get the man to follow me outside and it hadn't been hard at all to kill them one by one. It's what they deserved after touching my women. Afterwards I had cut of their heads and stick them to poles on the road, the same reason why we took another road back to camp the following morning. I was pleased to see my company was already to go, but angry to hear the wizard would already take her away from me.

It was only yesterday that I, sort of, confessed my love to her and I felt reluctant to let her go. She isn't even from this world. I don't understand why the wizard wants her to accomplish a quest for him. But I will end him if he get's her hurt. He will bring her back to me, alive, there is no other option. A hand on my shoulder returned me back from my thoughts. Dwalin was walking beside me. 'Are you alright, laddie?' he asked. 'Aye, I just want to make sure they don't enter that bloody forest.'

Dwalin nodded. 'I saw you gave her a necklace as well?' I looked at him in surprise, I hadn't noticed that she was already wearing one. A rush of possessiveness came over me and I glared at my old friend. Dwalin stuck his hands in the air. 'Don't worry, I didn't give her a necklace. I meant to say I also gave a necklace, but I gave mine to Kim.' I nodded and felt foolish for assuming my friend would give his ring to my One. 'I just have a bad feeling about it all' I murmured. Dwalin stared ahead, not meeting my eyes. 'Me too, I feel like they've already entered that forest.'

So it was not only me who felt that way. I made my company walk faster then before to reach the forest in time. Maybe it was not to late, maybe we could reach it in time...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Normal P.O.V.)

'What danger lays upon this forest?' you asked worriedly. You could feel that there was something wrong, you just couldn't tell what. 'Don't worry about it. With a little luck we won't have a problem, just don't mention the fact that you're a...' But then you heard a sound and Gandalf pointed his wand upwards. 'Who is there?!' he shouted. No reply came. Instead you heard something that sounded a lot like someone giggling and whispers. The sounds came from all around you. 'Show yourself!' Gandalf shouted once more.

The giggles stopped and the forest felt silence. You and Kim hold each other tight while you were hiding behind Gandalf. It wasn't the most heroic thing to do, but hey, you weren't a warrior after all. Thorin hadn't even given you a sword telling you 'you would probably get yourself killed before you would harm your enemy'. And maybe he was right, he probably was. Then you could hear something that sounded like muffled footsteps and a weird man came into view in front of Gandalf.

He came from behind a tree and smiled a huge smile at you. He had green-blueish hair and wore a white suit. His skin was awfully pale, it almost hurt your eyes, and his lips were in a darker shade of red. He looked almost unnatural to you. Slowly you walked from behind Gandalf and stared at the man. You didn't care about how impolite it must be to do this, you were curious. 'Ah, Gandalf, you brought women to us' the man said while smiling brightly at you.

Gandalf moved to stand in front of you but he knew it would be too late. The man stuck his nose in the air and sniffed. He lowered his gaze back to you when he seemed to smell the right scent. 'And it seems like this one is still a virgin, isn't that right?' You had never heard such a scary voice in your life. The voice itself seemed friendly, but there was something behind it, something that caused you to not trust this man. 'What's it to you?' you asked offended.