Part 6

Tine was chewing on his lower lip in concentration as he was tapping away on a laptop, nimble fingers moving over the keyboard, when his phone screen lit up with an incoming notice. His movements stilled, carefully he looked around the open office landscape. His bright gaze sweeping the area. They were technically not allowed to check their private, non emergency stuff during work. Coast clear, he picked up the device, quickly unlocking to read the direct message.

wat_expo:

you forgo this

[picture of Tine's underwear]

Shit! Tine dropped the phone, letting it clatter to the table. A coworker a couple of tables over looked up in annoyance, Tine was not known for being the most quiet person.

"Sorry," the fair skinned man mouthed as he inclined his head in a quick bow, palms together.

The phone buzzed face down on the table as another message went through. Tine gripped the device to stop it from making loud noises, bringing it close to his wide chest, almost shielding it, in case someone would be able to see what was on there. Tine swallowed. He had to get somewhere quiet so he could obsess over this in peace. He rose abruptly to his full height, vibrating with energy, and almost collided with the person standing behind him.

"Careful," Mil uttered as he steadied Tine by his lean shoulders, his hand lingering. The other man sported a soft buzz cut and his ears stood out in an objectively cute way.

"Sorry," Tine blurted and made an onset to rush past the other but the man blocked his way.

"Are you heading out to lunch, want to join us?" He asked hopefully, holding his own blazer in his other hand, tie loosened around his neck. A couple of other coworkers were already gathered and waiting by the elevators. A female colleague that Tine recognized waved at him from the crowd.

"I kind of have a thing I need to do," Tine tried rebutting.

"What thing?" The other would not budge, now looking expectantly at Tine.

"Nothing," Tine muttered dejectedly, pocketing the phone with a sigh, already seeing no out of this situation. He buttoned his blazer, shouldering up. "Let's go then."

Mil was a senior from another department at the company, so Tine could not really say no if the other really insisted. Especially not if he wanted to avoid office drama. Ah, but Tine had those crucial messages that awaited his reply. He could already imagine the dark scowl on Sarawat's handsome face. He was however not replying with a random dude hanging over his shoulder, particularly not Mil. The other man gave off some strange vibes, but Tine could not really put his finger on what it was exactly. Mil had not even done anything for Tine to feel so agitated around him. Then again some people just had that sort of aura but were totally the opposite, all mushy on the inside.

Tine felt his phone vibrate forlornly in his pocket once more and stifling an urge to just run off, he smiled tightlipped at the other man, his face straining, obviously fake. It seemed that he would have to lock himself in the restroom at the restaurant to find some alone time.

***

Tine locked the door and sat on the squeaky plastic lid of the toilet, bringing out his phone. A ridiculous sight for a man dressed in a full suit, despairing over a couple of messages in a public bathroom.

Fucking finally.

Stupid Mil, could not take a no for an answer. That guy had been over to Tine's department floor a little too often lately. Tine creased his slender brows. It was as if all these weird guys just flocked to him for some reason.