Part 22

"Boss," Sarawat drawled while seated in a make up chair. He squinted at the stabbing, bright light around the mirror in front of him as he pocketed his phone. "When's this shit finished?" His friend gave him an outraged look, eyes popping. Thank god no one else from the staff was around.

"We just got here, the shooting will probably take the whole night since we were late," he said glancing down at his flashy watch before looking back at the musician. "Why, do you have somewhere else to be?" Boss added mockingly, knowing that Sarawat rarely had any other plans outside of his working schedule.

"I have to go back home," he replied seriously and rose abruptly from his seat. His tall frame was reflected in the mirror, clad in a plain white t-shirt and an airy, light gray blazer.

"Woah," Boss exclaimed and hurriedly pushed the other man back into his seat, pressing heavy hands down on his shoulders to keep the musician in place. "Let's finish this first." He patted Sarawat's sturdy shoulders apologetically. "What's the hurry? It's not like you did anything important when I picked you up. What's changed?"

Sarawat squinted sullenly at Boss through the mirror, his lips twisted in annoyance at the other man refusing to follow his whims. Tine happed, that is what. Which hopefully meant that he was willing to reconcile with Sarawat and maybe even sit down and discuss the hate mail issue like the actual adults that they were. Maybe they could kiss and do something more too, he would not mind that either.

"Tine is alone with Phukong at my place," he finally said. A wide smile stretched across the other man's face, before he erupted in a fit of chuckles, supporting himself on Sarawat's shoulders, slapping his hands on them for good measure. That was golden. Phukong was certainly not a fan of Tine because of all the old misunderstandings between Tine and Sarawat, but hopefully that would change soon.

"Let the in-laws get to know each other," Boss wheezed. "Focus on your work now, you'll have plenty of time to see Tine later." Boss cleared his throat, straightening up. He had to admit that Sarawat's obsession over Tine was maybe a little bit unhealthy.

The musician had been a goner for Tine the instant he had laid eyes on him. God, all the shit they had come up with during university to help Sarawat ensnare this guy and nothing had worked until now. Tine could sure take his sweet time with certain things. Well, better late than never. Boss could already notice a certain improvement in the musician's productiveness but also in his temper. Sarawat was finally being more human again, instead of the prickly creature that he recently had been turning into.

***

"Cheers!" Several voices yelled over each other and Tine winced, sharp nose scrunching up, wondering how the hell he had gotten himself into this situation. He was currently sitting at Sarawat's marble kitchen island surrounded by idiots, even Phukong had gotten drunk and was having a petty fight with Ohm, a.k.a. idiot number three. Someone draped themselves over Tine's hunched shoulders.

"Sarawat's apartment is sooo nice," Green said loudly next to his ear and Tine tried to pull away from the clingy man, his big hands clammy on Tine's bare upper arms. "Why have I never been invited before?" He mused drunkenly and slid off of Tine, plopping down on the high chair next to him instead, thick lips pouting while swaying dangerously. "Hm?"

Tine did not even deign that with a reply, taking instead a big gulp of the fine liquor they had found stashed away in one of the cupboards in their search for something edible hours prior.

After spending an awkward hour of being under Phukong's surveillance Tine had the great idea of asking his friends over to help him brainstorm ideas on how to finally trap his stalker, hoping that Phukong would just slink away somewhere else. The younger man had however found their antics far too amusing and chose to stay, even joining in the discussion and taking charge over some ideas while shutting down some other concepts. Tine glared at Phukong across the counter, Sarawat's brother was a little pest.