Part 11

"Are you friends with Tine again?" Phukong asked, reclining casually in Sarawat's leather couch, one knee over the other. "Why?" He asked without letting the other man answer, pretending to inspect his clean cut nails. Sarawat put harshly down a glass void of water that he had just chugged down, heavy gaze on his meddling sibling. Why the hell was he back in Bangkok?

"That's really none of your business," Sarawat said and sauntered around the big chunk of marble that made up the kitchen counter, picking up a sweater on his way from the floor and dropping down in an armchair in the living room. He put the soft piece of clothing in his lap. Tine must have forgotten it when he made his hasty exit, quickly bailing from the crime scene when he sensed the tension running high between the brothers.

Phukong arched his brows, throwing an unimpressed look Sarawat's way, who hardly seemed any intimidating at the moment while lounging in a white t-shirt and striped pajama pants. His brother was a total fool. Could he not find some else more emotionally obtainable? Tine was a generally nice dude but he seemed totally standoffish when it came to feelings.

"Are you really sure? Because I was the one to pick up your pieces the last time."

Sarawat raked a hand through his messy brown hair, clutching at his nape and looking to the side, blinking in his telltale sign of being overwhelmed.

"It's different this time," he said subdued, toying with the sweater.

"How?"

"Look," he said harshly but was deterred by the serious look his brother was giving him, the fight abruptly leaving him. "I lo-" he paused, choosing his words. "I like him."

"And Tine?" His brother pushed, the infuriating brat.

"I am not sure," Sarawat said quietly, his lips downturned, one side more loopy than the other. Phukong exhaled heavily and rubbed at his temple, letting the leg atop the other knee slip down to the floor.

"Does he even like guys?" He asked and looked at his older brother with concern clearly written all over his face. Sarawat merely shrugged, letting that just slide off of him.

"It doesn't matter," he said confidently. "As long as he's with me."

"Yeah, I don't believe that but whatever, he'll find a new girl to fawn over soon enough." Sarawat glared daggers at his brother, who rose from his seat nonchalantly and rummaged through his pants' pocked, taking out a packet of cigarettes. "I'll be out on the balcony," Phukong said, putting an end to the conversation that he, himself, had started.

He then walked over to the bookcase next to Sarawat, grabbing the crystal ashtray there. Ugh, it was so atrocious. Who had picked it out?

"Hey," Phukong called over his shoulder, stopping halfway to the balcony and turning around to look at his older brother with big eyes, a white nicotine stick already prepped between his fingers. "By the way, why is there a horde of fan girls outside? I thought I'd get crushed getting inside."

"Shit," Sarawat spat and rushed up to get his phone. Tine!

***

Tine squeaked as the sliding doors opened to a rowdy crowd outside. Shit. A bunch of fans of Sarawat were squatting right outside the building, beyond the heavily tinted glass doors of the sleek complex. Holding up signs and other merchandise to wave at people going in and out, in case one of them turned out to be Sarawat. He reeled in his steps quickly and darted back into the building. Luckily someone else had been in the lobby with him, about to go outside as well.

The crowd got instantly wild and flashes went off when the other guy walked straight into the ambush. Tine winced, that poor dude. Then he blinked owlishly. Wait. What was going on here really?