Part 27

<<<REWIND

Sarawat was strumming his guitar with nimble fingers when familiar, loud voices invaded his peaceful headspace. Curiously he stood up to look out over the balcony where the music club had its usual hang out. Indeed, down below was Tine's group of friends goofing off, a blinding smile plastered on Tine's lips as he giggled at something one of the other guys had said, the high pitched chuckles carrying all the way over where the tanned boy was observing from above. Tine's head spun around suddenly and he caught a glimpse of Sarawat, the tall boy staring stoically at them, lips jutting out. Tine's eyes went wide but then he lifted a slender hand and waved, beckoning Sarawat over.

"We're going out for dinner," Tine shouted, cupping hands around his pretty, pink mouth to make the sound carry better. "You should join us!"

Sarawat glanced at his watch. He had a couple of hours before he had to be at the agency for some kind of a sound check. Sarawat was starting to believe that they were just toying around with him, recurrently changing the recording and release dates of his supposed to be single. He furrowed his dark brows, feeling a little out of his depth, a total novice in the music industry and not really being able to tell right from wrong. He certainly did not like this feeling but he had to start off somewhere. But only time would tell. Sarawat was not particularly worried, no matter what happened he felt pretty confident in being able to handle whatever that came at him. His sole weakness was this one annoying fair skinned boy, with a dazzling bright smile and stars in his eyes.

"-wat! Sarawat?"

Sarawat snapped out of it and looked over the railing again, being brought out of his thoughts by Tine's voice. He then nodded eagerly in reply, brown hair flopping over his big, dark eyes. Sarawat put the guitar in its case and slung it over one strong shoulder, sauntering downstairs to join the group of lively guys. He should just enjoy this rare and peaceful moment. Hopefully Tine would not go all stiff and awkward on him.

Breaking off the fake relationship had felt too tangible, as if they had broken up for real. Surely Tine could feel that as well but he was showing no signs of it, opting for feigning a sense of rigid normality between them.

***

The stoic boy was sitting close to Tine, watching him struggle with the strings of the guitar in his embrace. Sarawat exhaled and rolled his big eyes fondly, finding Tine's sullen actions endearing. His dark, glossy hair was falling into his eyes as he stuck the pink tip of his tongue out in concentration. Sarawat's heart fluttered at the sight and he tried to push down the on slaughter of feelings that rushed through him, like a tidal wave. He thought that he could handle this, but the more time he was spending around Tine, all the more his feelings seemed to flourish. Liking Tine from afar had felt painful but being this close, no longer having an excuse to even shamelessly touch him or being able to do anything about his crush, was even worse. It was pure torture. Why did Sarawat even like this annoying brat?

"I can't believe you're still this bad at playing the guitar," he muttered and shuffled closer to the other boy, intentionally invading his personal space. Tine flushed, his mouth opening and closing several times, not being able to formulate a clever retort. "Here, let me show you," Sarawat huffed and reached around Tine's shoulder, leaning his chest against Tine's well built back and placing tanned hands on top of Tine's fair ones. "Press down here and then with this finger you-" he interrupted his rambling when sensing a burning gaze on his skin.

Sarawat raised his head and found himself mere inches from Tine's sharp nose. If he inclined his head just a little then their mouths would smudge into an innocent kiss. Tine's clear eyes darted to Sarawat's bow shaped lips, before agonizingly dragging across his features and finally connecting with his deep eyes. Something sizzling darted between them, setting Sarawat's lower belly on fire. Tine's brows pinched slightly as his eyes searched Sarawat's face for some kind of a sign, then he started to lean in, completely lost in the moment.