Extra: Love never dies (II)

Tine pounced on Sarawat backstage, enveloping him in a bone crushing back hug. The two men staggered a little sideways and Tine could not hold back a breathy laugh as a breath of surprise hitched in Sarawat's throat at the on slaughter. The musician could feel his boyfriend's chest heave against his back from the chaotic sprint he must have done from the main theater hall. A wry smile tugged at his lips at that. Cute. Tine seemed so excited that even Sarawat himself was starting to feel a little tingly, anticipation humming under his skin.

Tine was just so proud over Sarawat that he could not hold back his ecstatic emotions, letting them bounce all over the place. The musician had finally received the recognition that he really deserved, not just for something superficial as his handsome looks or haunting demeanor but also for his shining, albeit shy soul. Oh boy, had it been a bumpy road to get there, what with all the strange rumors digging at Sarawat's sexuality, his stoic attitude and then the relationship with Tine. People seemed to focus on completely irrelevant things instead of trying to look deeper. No wonder Sarawat was reluctant to open up to the general public. But Tine was there, right beside Sarawat and he saw it all.

"You made it, congrats! That's so amazing!"

A private, almost shy smile curled at the ends of Sarawat's lips as he was jostled around in Tine's chaotic embrace, letting the adoration that Tine had for Sarawat wash over him. Yes, he had somehow actually made it. Sarawat had not even realized himself how much he might have yearned for this, having given up on this childish part of his dream quite some time ago. Instead he had just floated along with the stream, letting Boss steer him through it all. And already that in itself spoke volumes of Sarawat's raw talent. How great would he not be if he stopped brooding for a little while and actually made some real effort instead?

It seemed that he was slowly but surely attaining everything that he had ever wanted from this life by giving some more of himself to it, hesitantly sharing bits and pieces. Give and you shall receive, right? Without Tine there would be no music, maybe even no Sarawat because the music and the lyrics that he wrote were only a continuation of his feelings for Tine. Which in his intricate logic meant that by simply loving Tine, Sarawat was able to receive so much more.

On some especially bleak nights Sarawat could sometimes wonder what would have happened if he had not chanced going to Tine's apartment the morning after his concert. How would things have turned out if he had not glimpsed Tine amongst the crowd at the concert hall? It had been like a revelation when the sea of people had parted below the stage and there he was, shining unfairly bright under a stray electric light.

Shit. Sarawat's heart stuttered as he realized that everything good in his life seemed to lead back to Tine. How could just a single person make such an impact?

"What, is it that unbelievable that I received an award?" He teased instead, putting up a front even though his hands were shaking a little with repressed emotion. Sarawat curled his fingers to hide this.

"Not even the slightest, you have always stood out to me," Tine replied excitedly, not even feeling embarrassed at the cheesy lines for once. "I'm so proud of you," he added, tightening his arms around the musician's waist and pressing his hard chest against Sarawat's back, crowding into him. Tine then rasped hotly and more subdued into his ear, making Sarawat shiver, "And I love you too, you know."

A weight, which Sarawat did not even realize had been there all along, was suddenly lifted off his shoulders, making his lungs expand with fresh air and filling him with endless, new possibilities. Fuck. His brain was going all mushy from this totally unexpected endorphin high. Sarawat had not even realized how much this would actually impact him, like a sledgehammer to the head.