Part 15

The female reporter bit her plush lower lip, intently staring at the laptop screen with her big eyes. It had been fascinating to follow the awkward couple of Sarawat and Tine. They seemed to be just friends in the beginning but her hunch was correct. It had just taken a little bit of sneaking on her part to get that elusive footage and it was not like the pair even seemed to care if other people noticed them being overly cozy. Sarawat was so whipped for that boy. Who could have thought he could have other facial expressions besides scowling? She smirked, scrolling further through the candid pictures. Those guys just begged to be exposed.

Tine even gave her the perfect opening with his public confession. Having a little bit of conscience left she had been a little hesitant to leak any of the revealing pictures but he had now certainly given her the green light.

The female furrowed her perfect eyebrows, noticing something strange. Huh. It seemed that she was not the only one pursuing these two. Interesting. She peered at the person in the background of several of the pictures that she had taken, hitting a manicured finger against her red lips, thinking. This was very interesting.

***

Sarawat weaved in and out of the crowd, pushing through the sea of people pulsing in unison with the beat of the music inside the club. Where the hell was Tine? He swiveled his head around, brown hair flying, so frantic in his search of the other man that he even unintentionally elbowed someone out of his way. The offended person turned around to argue with him but was stupefied at recognizing the musician, hands flying up to their mouth, shouting Sarawat's name at his retreating back. Sarawat so did not have time for this.

By dumb luck he caught a glimpse of his boyfriend in a strobe of neon light, his head tipped back with a boxy smile plastered on his handsome face, brandishing his pale neck. Sarawat frowned, clearly not expecting to find Tine so cheerfully unbothered in the middle of this mess.

He pushed resolutely up to their lounge, Tine's friends noticing him first and casting conspiratorial, drunken glances around the table. Feeling an intimidating presence stewing behind him Tine turned around fidgety, his jaw going unhinged at finding Sarawat just standing there, among the moving crowd around him, and staring at Tine with a dark, bottomless gaze. Looking unfairly hot just wearing a pair of casual jeans with a white t-shirt, a jacket messily thrown on top and a pair of old Vans on his feet. What the hell.

Suddenly feeling really, really thirsty Tine downed the strong drink in his hand, not taking his eyes off of the musician. The fiery liquid burned his insides on the way down his throat, making his fingers tingle. Wooh, it was getting very hot inside this place.

Hold up. Wait a minute.

Sarawat was supposed to be in China. What was he doing all the way in this club?

"Are you crazy?!" Tine suddenly erupted over the music, eyes wide and wild when it finally hit him that this was real and not a lucid daydream. Sarawat's mouth twisted downward. Fuck. Was Tine upset?

Tine hopped off the faux leather couch and harshly dragged Sarawat with him to the bathrooms, hoping that it was quieter there so they could talk. His friends shouted rather offending remarks at their backs that Tine chose to ignore. Fuck them, they were still single so he had an upper hand here.

Sarawat's eyes roved over Tine's appearance as he was being led away, from the wide planes of his shoulders in that cute yellow shirt to his tight jeans, pausing on that nicely shaped butt. This would have been ten times sexier if Tine had looked back at him, the musician thought, tugging on the long fingers in his hand. However Tine was too focused on the mission of getting them out of public eye to notice that.