Ch. 5: Missing

*Edited

Soda's POV:

I woke up and realized that it was Monday, I have to work. Ugh. I went to the guest room to try and talk to Steve again about last night, but he was gone. Of course. He probably hates me for what I did to him. I can't blame him. I'd hate me too if I was Steve.

I decided to eat breakfast and noticed the house was still empty. Dang. The gang should be back around lunchtime.

I went to the kitchen to find a note. It was from Steve.

Dear Soda,

I don't know what to say about last night. What we did...I have no words about it. I liked it, but at the same time I didn't. I am bisexual, I'd admit that, and I do have a crush on you, but I am still dating Evie. I feel like I betrayed her. I'm going to break up with her. That doesn't mean we should be together. I need to clear my head first. So, I've decided to take a break from working and from seeing you. Please don't blame yourself for this. It's not your fault. I just need to think about this. About us.

From, Steve

What? He's bisexual? And he has a crush on me? I couldn't believe it. Screw work! I need to talk to him about this.

I ran outside as fast as I can to Steve's house. When I arrived, I walked up to the door only to find a note. Another note? I thought, but it wasn't from Steve.

Dear Sodapop or Mr. and Mrs. Randle,

If you are reading this, I have Steve with me. If this is his parents reading this, then get Sodapop and tell him to read this. If this is Sodapop, then listen closely. 

Oh god, Steve is kidnapped! I continued to read the note.

I won't hurt your 'little friend' if you do what I say. If you follow these instructions, then I will give you Steve. First, you need to go to an abandoned house 3 miles outside of Tulsa, the address is below the note. You and I are gonna fight. Yeah, fight. I loved Steve since 5th grade, but you always hung out with him, and it made me super jealous. Steve will be mine if you lose the fight, but if you win, you can have him. If you call the cops, I'll fuck him up so badly, that he won't be able to walk for a few days. And NO TRICKS!!! Or I'll kill him! You better not hesitate on this. It's your 'best friend'.

Sincerely, Unknown

P.S. The address is 234 Julles Ave. Sand Springs, OK.

Who is this guy? I can't believe this is happening. I need to tell Darry, he's probably at home now along with the gang. I ran back home as fast as I can and I see everyone getting out from their cars. "GUYS!!" I shout.

"Hey Soda," Pony said, "what's wrong?"

"Steve...kidnapped...note..." I say catching my breath. I hand Pony the note and he reads it.

"What's going on?" Two-Bit asks.

I start bawling my eyes out. The fact that my best friend and the love of my life is in danger. I can't believe this. He was with me last night, and now he's missing.

"Calm down Soda!" Darry said, he had the note in his hands, "We'll find him."

"Okay, so what happened today, so we can retrace his steps." Darry says.

"He left this morning is all I know, he left a note to me in the kitchen before he did."

"Oh, great! That's not gonna help us!" Dally said frustrated.

"What are we going to do?" Johnny asks.

"I might just have to do what the note says." I say. "I can save Steve if I just do so."

"No, you can't." Darry and Pony says at the same time.

"He wants to fight you, maybe he wants to kill you." Pony says.

"I don't care!" I exclaimed. "He's my best friend."

"Are you sure he's just your best friend?" Dally asks smirking.

"SHUT UP!" I yell and lunge at him, only to be blocked by Darry.

"I'm joking chill!" Dally exclaims.

"Calm down Soda, look if we want to find Steve, then I think you should do what the note says, but you need backup. We're going with you." Darry says.

"Okay." I say.

We all go into the cars, me, Darry and Pony in Darry's truck, Dally, Johnny and Two-Bit in Buck's truck that Dally 'borrowed'.

I showed Darry the address to the place we are supposed to go, and we head there. While traveling, I think of how Steve is doing. Is he okay? Is that guy hurting him? I hope not. I want Steve unharmed when we get there.

"Hey," Pony says breaking my thoughts, "we'll save him."

"Thanks Pony." I say hugging him. We are both in the backseat.

Darry asks me suddenly, "Oh, by the way, what did Dally mean by 'just your best friend'?"

Oh god.

"I love Steve, okay?" I said in a defeated voice. "I love him and the reason I planned a trip for you guys is because I wanted to spend some time with him."

"And what did you do to him, may I ask?" Darry asks.

"I...I fucked him last night." I say looking down in shame.

"SODA!" Darry and Pony said at the same time.

"Why?" Darry asks.

"Because I love him! I couldn't resist." I exclaimed trying not to cry.

"We'll talk about this when we return." Darry says.

"Okay." I say defeated.

The rest of the ride was silent. We arrive to the place. The house was old-looking, but it was a 2-story house.

"What's the plan here?" I ask.

"Okay, so we'll slowly go in the house, and Dally, Sodapop and I will tackle the guy, Pony and Johnny will try and get Steve out of a cage or untie him or whatever trap he's in, Two-Bit, you will help with anything we need, okay?" Darry says.

We all nodded.

"Okay, let's go." I say.

We quietly enter the house, and we see that the place is a mess. Ew. We kept going with our plan, until we hear a scream.

"AHHHH!!!!"

"AHHHHH!" we all scream.

"What was that?" I slightly yell.

"Come on!" Darry says running towards the scream. We follow him to a room upstairs and see a guy on top of someone tied up. The guy noticed us and gets off of the one person I wanted to find.

"Steve?" I say.

-

Ooh, a cliffhanger :D Sorry! Thanks for reading :)