Ch. 32: Waiting

Steve's POV:

Soda and I sit on the couch holding hands as the detectives sit on the other couch.

"When your daughter disappeared, the note was on her baby carrier seat?" Detective Johnson asks.

I nodded. "Sodapop found it."

"Who's Sodapop?" He asks.

Soda slightly raises his hand, and Johnson nods.

"Okay, for now, we need to wait. Wait and see if Josh sends another note."

I hope this works, I hope Josh isn't hurting my baby.

"How old is your daughter um..."

"Natalie," I say.

"Yes Natalie, how old?"

"She's 1 week old today."

He writes down information on a piece of paper.

"Okay, now we have to wait."

Wait? I don't want to wait, I want my daughter back. I lean on Soda's shoulder and he wraps an arm around me.

"Don't worry, we'll get her back." Soda says to me soothingly and kisses my forehead.

A few hours later...

I'm starving, but I don't want to eat now. I can hear my own stomach grumbling.

"Stevie, you need to eat." Soda says.

"No. I don't want to eat, I miss Natalie."

He sniffs, "I know you do, so do I, but please eat. Your health will go down, and it'll help your stomach, do you need a pain killer?"

"Yes. My stomach hurts badly from crying."

He grabs the pain killer pills and water and gives them to me. After I take it, I lay down on the couch. The whole time, I kept thinking of my baby girl. She's probably scared. Hungry. Hopelessly lost. Confused. I hate this!

I run outside and start puking. Soda runs to me and gets on my level. "Are you okay?"

"NO! I'M NOT OKAY! NATALIE IS GONE!" I whine and lean on Soda. He starts crying as hard as me, and we stand there hugging each other crying. I hate life! I want to die! This is all my fault!

-

Thanks for reading this chapter :)