Ch. 24: Goodbye Mrs. Randle

The next day...

Soda's POV:

Steve and I are getting ready for his mom's funeral. Steve was crying the whole time. I feel so bad for him. He lost his mother. She was an amazing woman, so I can't blame him. I notice that he's growing a small bump on his stomach. I walk towards him and rub his stomach with my hands.

"Hey, are you going to be okay? I mean, you can't stress yourself out too much, or else you can hurt our baby."

He sniffs, "Yeah, I'll try."

We decided to walk to the funeral home. There were about 50 people there, including the gang. The priest enters and talks to us. Even though I'm an atheist, I still listened to the priest. We're in a Catholic funeral home, so he talks mostly about Mary, Jesus' mother, and also talks about Steve's mom. Steve was crying in my shoulders and I comforted him the whole time.

Steve's dad goes onto the stage and opens the casket containing Steve's mom's deceased body.

Steve and I both walk by her casket. She has bruises on her face, a broken arm, 2 broken legs, and a bandage wrapped around her stomach. Steve cries harder and strokes her hair. "Mom, I miss you. I wish this didn't happen to you."

Steve goes onto the podium and speaks. He talks about how his mom was. I started crying a little bit, so did everyone else. Even Dallas is crying, and he doesn't cry.

After Steve talks, Steve's dad spoke a little bit, then closed his wife's casket. Some people helped him put it in a hearse. We followed the hearse to a nearby graveyard where they're going to bury Steve's mom.

As we arrive, they place the coffin into a squared hole in the ground. The priest continues to talk for a while, and after he finishes, people placed flowers on her coffin, and then Steve walks away by himself. I think I need to give him space for a few days, it'll help him stay calm and he will get better faster. I get his mom died, but he's going to have our baby, and he can't be anymore stressed.

-

Thanks for reading :)