Ch. 22: My First Friend

Soda's POV:

Steve is rubbing my wrists with his fingers. He has been crying over his mom's death and about my self-harm problem.

"This is all my fault," I hear Steve whisper, "I caused you to do this."

"No baby, you didn't." I hug Steve. He starts bawling again. I can't believe all of this is happening.

"Soda, why didn't you tell us that you did this?" Pony asks.

"I'm sorry, I was upset about what I did to Steve."

"What did you do?" Two-Bit asks.

"I forcefully seduced him." I say, him referring to Steve.

All of them looked at me like they wanted to kill me. I regretted what I did, that's why I cut myself.

"Promise me you won't do it again?" Steve says as he pulls away from me.

I nod, "I promise."

"Now, will you please let me go see my dad?" Steve asks.

I don't want him to go to his house again because I'm afraid that his dad would make someone hurt him again, but he's right. He needs to see how his dad is doing.

"Fine, but I'm coming with you."

We walk to his house in silence. I can see Steve hesitating on something.

"Stevie? What's wrong?"

He looks at me. "Nothing."

Something is bothering him, but I don't want to force him to talk about it.

We noticed a car outside Steve's house that wasn't his dad's. We walk in and see Steve's dad talking to a guy and a woman.

"What do you mean that he's my son?" His dad asks the woman.

"Yes, you got me pregnant the day before we broke up, and I found out a few weeks after you left town."

Steve looked angry. "WHAT?!"

They all look at us.

"WHAT do you mean you have another kid, dad?"

His dad's eyes go very wide.

"Who's he?" The young man asks.

"That's my son, Steve, and this is Sodapop, his boyfriend."

"Sodapop?" The guy asks. He says it like he knew me already.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"I'm Gabriel, do you remember me? We used to be good friends until I moved."

I gasp. I knew him! We were best friends when I was a baby and he was 3 years old, his mom and my mom were best friends, and we always hung out until he had to move the summer I was going to 1st grade and he was going to 4th grade. I was sad that he moved because he was my first friend, then I met Steve.

"Gabe? Oh my god! I remember you!

We embrace each other. I can't believe he's back!

-

Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I think this story is about to end, I'm not sure, but don't worry, there will be a sequel :)