Ch. 16: Blaming Myself

The next morning...

Soda's POV:

I wake up and realize it's 7:30. I slept for a long time. I slept like at 6 or something. The phone rings downstairs and I quickly get it.

"Hello?...What?...Oh..."

I'm fired from the DX...I completely forgot about work. I missed like almost 4 weeks. Steve is also fired. My boss wasn't happy when he told me this. Oh well. I wanted to quit working there anyways. The boss was too strict to me and Steve.

"Who was that?" I hear Darry say behind me.

I turn to him. "That was Mr. Dixon. He fired me and Steve from work."

"Oh, Soda!" Darry said frustrated.

"It's not my fault! I completely forgot because this pregnancy shit was distracting me!"

"Watch your language!"

"Sorry."

Darry scoffed at me then walked away.

"Look, I'm sorry okay?" I say.

Darry turned and just nodded and walked away to the kitchen.

I didn't realize that Ponyboy was standing behind me because he immediately ran to our bedroom. I followed him and he looked upset when I arrived to the room.

"You okay?" I asked him.

He shook his head looking down. "No, you're blaming Steve for losing your job."

"No, I'm not. I'm blaming myself. Plus, I wanted to quit anyways. Mr. Dixon was always strict with me and Steve."

"Oh, okay. How are you and Steve?"

I smile. "We're great! We're dating!"

Pony stands, "Really? That's awesome!" We hug each other.

"I know! I'm so happy!"

Pony smirks at me. "Yeah, really happy." He laughs. I throw a pillow at him. I hope my relationship with Steve doesn't get affected by that bastard Bob. I don't want to tell Pony or anyone else from the gang what's happening because, right now, I need to stop Bob. As soon as possible! Also, I don't want them in danger.

I go to the living room to call Steve. I need to hear his voice. I dial his house number.

The phone rings...

No one answered.

That's strange. Steve always answers his number. Something is wrong.

-

There's another chapter done. Thanks for reading :^)