Ch. 14: Hope

Steve's POV:

When I answered Soda's question, he gets so excited. He jumps up and down like a happy little kid, and I giggle. He stops jumping all of the sudden.

"Wait, I have to stay away from you though. Bob will post those pictures if I don't. Don't worry though," he grabs my face, "I'll stop him, and make sure we'll be able to be together without problems."

I smile at him. "Thanks."

He gets on his knees and places one of his ear against my stomach, and I rub his hair with my hands. "Hey baby, it's your daddy. I love you so much. I'll take good care of you and your other daddy." I giggle and he stands, "I love you. I need to go."

"Okay, I love you too."

Soda leaves my house, and I go to my room. My dad is standing by my window.

"Wow, Sodapop really loves you, don't he?"

I just stand there.

"Listen son, I don't want him to hurt you, especially since you're pregnant. I'm not mad at your pregnancy. I'm just disappointed that you had sex before 18."

"I'm sorry dad."

"It's fine. Your mom went out of town for a few days for work stuff she has."

I nodded. My mom always goes out of town, and my dad always has friends coming over. I never met them. I always avoid them, especially when they're drunk, because they sometimes start fights, that's what my dad says and I help him clean the mess. My mom never found out because if he did, she would kill my dad.

"Okay."

-

Soda's POV:

As I leave Steve's house, I started thinking. Will Bob think of putting Steve in danger? Like, would he hurt him? I hope not. Steve's going to have my baby in like 8 months, and I don't want any harm put onto him.

I walk to my house, and I check the mail, and there is none. Surprise, surprise. I enter and see the gang doing their thing: Two-Bit watching Mickey Mouse, Johnny and Dally playing cards, Darry reading a newspaper, and Ponyboy reading Gone with the Wind.

I go up to Darry. "Hey, I'm sorry for yelling at you."

"It's fine."

I nod. I suddenly feel tired. I decided to take a nap. I hope nothing happens to the gang either, or I'm going to have to kill someone.

-

Sorry for not updating, I had a lot of stuff to do. Thanks for reading, and stay safe!