Ch. 26: I Feel Threatened

A few days later...

Steve's POV:

I feel a little better after my mom's death. Sodapop made me feel better, and I want to keep it that way, only because I knew Soda would get upset if I get upset.

I'm at my house watching TV alone, and my dad enters the room, "Steve, I want to talk to you."

"Okay," I say turning off the TV, "what's up?"

"Well, since your mom passed, I've been feeling guilty. Look, I know I'm seen as a nasty asshole who should burn in hell, but I want to change, you're such a good person, and I don't want to hurt you. I'm sorry for what I did. I'm sorry for letting my friend rape you, and I'm also sorry for everything that caused you to feel pain. I want to be a better person now, I want to help take care of my grandchild. Please, forgive me."

I stood still. Wow, my dad is asking me to forgive him? That's new.

"Well, I do want to start over, for my child. Sure, but if you hurt me again, then I don't want to see you again for the rest of my life."

"I understand," We hug each other, "I have to go work."

"Okay, see you later."

After my dad leaves, I decide to sleep a little bit, but Gabe enters the living room as I stand.

"Hey Gabe, what's up."

"Hey, I heard you and dad talking. Did you really get raped?"

"Yeah."

"Oh, well, I kind of want to talk to you."

"About?"

"About Sodapop."

Why does he want to talk about him? "Okay? Why?"

"I want you to know that Soda is mine, and you will not get away with keeping him to yourself!" He exclaims.

What the hell is he talking about? Sodapop is my boyfriend, and he can't be saying this stuff to me. "Soda and I are dating, and I'm pregnant with his child!"

"So? You don't need him! I mean, look at you! You're handsome, you can get any guy in the world!"

"So are you! You're handsome too, and you can also get any guy, but why Soda?!"

"BECAUSE I SAW HIM FIRST!!!" He yelled.

I stand in shock, I barely knew this guy and all of the sudden he's trying to claim Sodapop?

"One day, Sodapop WILL be mine." Gabe says, then walks away.

I can't be living under the same roof with this man. I feel threatened.