Ch. 21: I Hate Life

Steve's POV:

Ponyboy and I watch West Side Story because Pony allowed me to choose a movie for us to watch. The whole time I was crying though, I really hope Sodapop doesn't do something stupid as to kill my dad. Just then, Sodapop barges in. I stand up and walk in front of him.

"Soda, please don't tell me you killed my dad."

He shook his head, "No, but I need to tell you something."

I raise my eyebrows. He leads me to the couch.

"Look, please don't freak out, but...your mom..."

"What?" I whispered.

"Your mom...she...she died in a car accident."

My eyes go wide and I stand up. I shake my head. My mom can't be dead. "No. No, she can't be dead." I cover my mouth with both my hands and I start bawling my eyes out. Why does everything happen to me? First I got kidnapped, then I get raped, then my mom dies? I hate life.

"Soda, how do you know this?"

"Your dad got a phone call from a cop or something. He's upset as well."

Yeah, I mean why wouldn't he? He loves my mom so much. She's his everything. He wouldn't he anything without her. Now that she's dead, my dad is going to make my life worse. I continue to cry in Soda's shoulder. He wraps his arms around me and we just stay in that position for a while.

I hear the door open, and Johnny and Two-Bit walk in.

"Hey, what's the haps?" Two asks.

"My mom died." I softly said.

Johnny looked like he was going to cry. Johnny loved my mom. She treated him like her son, like she did with Sodapop.

"How?" Two asks.

"She died in a car wreck." Soda says. Thanks goodness, I wouldn't of been able to tell them myself.

I need to go home and see how my dad is handling this.

"Soda, I need to go."

"Where?" He stands.

"Home, I need to see how my-"

"No." He says sternly.

"What?" I say standing.

He looks very angry, "I'm not going to let you go home to your bastard dad."

"Soda, I need to see how my dad is. You told me that he's upset, and I can't leave him there by himself."

I rub his shoulders and I walk to the door, but Soda forcefully pulls me by my wrist, and I notice small cuts on his wrists.

"You're not leaving." He says sternly.

"Soda. Your wrists."

Soda looks down at his wrists and tries to cover it, but I grab both his hands and see them both covered in small scars.

"What did you do?"

He looks at me in shock. How did I not notice this before?

-

Thanks for reading another chapter. I have thought of making a sequel, and it will happen right after this story happens :)