Ch. 36: The Proposal & Wedding

7 weeks later...

Soda's POV:

Steve and I are living in peace, finally. Our little daughter Natalie is starting to grow. She's now 8 weeks old. I love Steve so much. I'm going to ask him to marry me. They finally made gay marriage legal here in Tulsa, so I'm so excited. While Steve went to find a job, I bought a $600 ring for him. I know it's a lot, but I'm glad I saved money for it from working at the DX before I got fired. I plan to propose to him tonight, so I asked Darry and Ponyboy to watch Natalie while I propose. I set up dinner for us and I wait by the door.

Steve arrives 20 minutes later and greets me, "Hey babe, what's up?" He pecks my lips.

"Fine handsome, how's the job search?"

"Amazing! I found a job at a mechanic shop where I can work on cars!" He exclaims in a very cute way.

"I made dinner." I say dragging Steve to the kitchen by his wrists.

He gasps when we arrive at the kitchen. "You did all this?" He asks me.

I nod and grab his face and kiss him. He wraps his arms around my neck and kisses back. As we release, we sit and eat, and talk about his job searches. When he talks, I put my left hand in my left pocket of my pants and rubbed the ring box. I'm getting nervous because I planned to propose right after dinner, and we're almost finished.

When Steve finishes his food, I stand to his side and grab his hand to stand him up. I hold both his hands, "Steve, I remember the day we met. It was the best day of my life. If I had never met you, I wouldn't understand what love is. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. You make me so happy. I can't imagine my life without you. I would do anything for you. You're my everything. Steve Randle," I kneel down, and Steve covers his mouth with both his hands, like he already knows what I'm going to do, I pull the ring box out and open it, "I love you so damn much! Will you make me the happiest man in the world...and marry me?"

Steve starts tearing up and nods fast, "Yes, yes I'll marry you!"

I put the ring on his left ring finger. Steve hugs me and I immediately hug back. Steve's going to be my husband! I'm so happy! We start kissing, which leads to a heated make out, and I lift Steve up and he quickly wraps his legs around my waist, and I lead us upstairs to our bedroom, and we spend the night together having fun. (Author's Note: I'm not doing smut in this chapter because I don't want y'all to focus on that.)

9 weeks later...

I'm so nervous for this. I'm currently waiting inside the same church Steve's mom's funeral was held. People are waiting for Steve to come in while he's outside with his dad . I'm wearing a black tuxedo, while Steve is going to wear a white tuxedo because I made him, so he's going to walk down the aisle.

-

Steve's POV:

I'm so nervous, I am standing outside with my dad while the priest blesses me. After he finishes, he walks into the church, and we wait a few more minutes.

"Don't be so nervous," my dad says, "you'll live happily ever after with Soda."

"Thanks dad." I say.

We both walk into the church. We stop at the entrance and people stand. We walk again, and I take small breaths while people smile at me and my dad. We arrive at the end of the aisle, my dad kisses my cheek and tells Sodapop, "Take good care of my son." He walks to one of the seats beside Darry, who's holding Natalie, and I turn towards the priest, who signals everyone to sit down except for me and Soda.

The priest starts talking for a while, then told up to say some vows. Sodapop starts; "Steve Randle, I love you so much, I know I probably told you this, but I'm so happy that you're going to be my husband. I want us to spend the rest of our lives together. Not let bring anything in our way. You're my everything. You make me feel like the luckiest man in the world. You're so kind, handsome, smart, and just the most amazing person out there. I want to keep you safe. I love you."

I smile big, and I start my vows; "Sodapop Curtis, I don't know where to begin, but I love you too. You make me feel special. You're such an awesome person, you're so courageous, strong, brave, and the most beautiful man I know. I love you so much. The day we met was the happiest day of my life, because not only are you my best friend, you're also the love of my life. You make me feel safe. I'm so happy we're going to be together forever. I love you."

He smiles big and we share a big kiss. Everyone in the room awes.

The priest continues to talk for another 20 minutes. "Do you, Sodapop Curtis, take Steve Randle in sickness and in health, for richer and for poor, for as long as you shall live?"

Sodapop looks into my eyes, "I do."

"And do you, Steve Randle, take Sodapop Curtis in sickness and in health, for richer and for poor, for as long as you shall live?"

I look into Soda's eyes, "I do."

"I now pronounce you husband and husband, you may now kiss the groom." Sodapop kisses me and wraps his arms around my waist as I wrap my arms around his neck. Everyone stands and applause. We release and hug each other. That was amazing! We're a married couple now! Well, first we need to sign the marriage papers, then we're a couple!

-

Thanks for reading :) This story is almost over :(