Ch. 27: Don't Worry

Steve's POV:

I'm actually pretty scared for myself. I feel that Gabe would do something horrible. Sodapop arrived at my house to see me, but all I was doing was spacing out because of Gabe. 

"What's wrong?" Soda asks, "You seem upset."

"Oh, um," I can't tell Soda what Gabe told me earlier, "I'm just thinking about our baby. I'm wondering how he or she is going to be in the future."

"Don't worry, she or he will be beautiful, and I can't wait to raise our child."

I smile at him. He's so sweet. I'm so lucky to have him. I need his opinion on Gabe.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, what's up?"

"Well, how do you really feel about Gabe?"

"Well, I think he's a cool guy, and I hope I can try and hang out with him more."

"Oh," is all I say. If he hangs out with Gabe, then maybe Soda will end up getting seduced by him, and I don't want him to take Soda away from me. I start tearing up.

"Stevie, what's the matter? Why are you crying?"

"Soda, listen, Gabe told me some stuff to me, and I'm afraid that he's going to try to get in between us."

"Stevie, no he won't, I know Gabe, he wouldn't do something harmful."

"How do you know?"

"Because I know him."

"Well, maybe he changed. Maybe he isn't the same person he used to be."

Soda looks offended. "Look, I get that you don't like your own half-brother, but he's my friend, and he's actually pretty cool once you get to know him. And don't worry, y'all will get along great."

Yeah, hopefully.

-

Thanks for reading :)