Ch. 28: The Baby Is Born

About 8 months later...

Third Person's POV:

Soda and Steve continued to live normal lives. Steve is secretly still afraid of Gabe. Gabe has continued to hang out with the gang, and Steve and Gabe had gotten along, or so Steve thought. Gabe is still in love with Sodapop, but he told Steve that he's over him. It's part of Gabe's plan. He's trying to get to his good side in order to try to gain Soda's love, but it hasn't happened...yet.

Sylvia, Dallas' girlfriend, was killed in a car wreck, so Dallas' child was killed as well. He was heartbroken, but relieved that his child is better off in the afterlife.

The public has also heard about Soda and Steve's love affair, and the citizens of Tulsa have accepted the lgbtq+ community. Bob Shelton and the Socs agreed on leaving the Greasers alone, so they have official peace.

-

Soda's POV:

Steve is almost 9 months pregnant, so the baby is due any day now. We have been living a good life so far. We bought a nice house nearby, with Darry and the gang's help with the money, and since Steve has been 18 for a month and I'm 17, we got to move out and live there.

Steve and I finished making chocolate cake. As we waited for it to cool down, Steve's water starts breaking. "OW! I think the baby is coming! AH!"

"Okay, c'mon, let's go to the hospital!" I exclaim.

I pick Steve up bridal style, and I put him in the passenger's seat and I drive him to the hospital. The whole time, Steve was screaming at me to drive faster and that he was in a lot of pain.

"DRIVE FASTER!!!" Steve yells.

"I'M TRYING!!!" I yell back.

We arrive at the hospital in less than 5 minutes. I pick Steve up and take him to the emergency part of the hospital.

"HELP! MY BOYFRIEND IS IN LABOR!"

Doctors come and put him on a gurney.

"Son, would you like to come and help?"

I nod quickly and I follow them to a room.

-

Steve's POV:

I'm in so much pain! I hate this!

Soda enters and is wearing the same stuff the doctors in here are wearing. "Stevie, I'm here!"

"Hey Soda."

"Steve, I'm going to put a shot in you, so we can proceed with the C-section," one of the doctors said. I only nodded because I was in too much pain.

After he put the shot in me, I felt relieved because the pain went away, and the doctors work on the surgery.

After an hour or so, our baby is out. The baby starts crying loudly, and I start tearing up.

"It's a girl." Soda says. A girl. I smile at my newborn baby. Soda cuts the cord and the doctor hands her to me.

"My baby. My baby girl. I love you so much. You are so beautiful." I kiss her forehead. She's covered in slime and blood, but I don't care. I still love my baby.

The doctor takes her and Soda comes by my side smiling, "She's so beautiful. I can't believe we're parents. I love you."

"I love you too." We kiss a little bit.

The same doctor who did the surgery comes in the room, "We need to close up your stomach, but before I begin, I need to warn you. For the next 7-9 days, you will have extreme abdominal pain."

Great. "Okay."

"So, I'll give you some pain killers, but I'm not promising you that it will work all the time, and you need lots of rest."

The doctor starts closing up my stomach. After he finishes, I take a pain killer because my stomach starts hurting. A nurse comes in and brings in my daughter. When she puts her in my arms, I start crying again. She has dark brown hair and central heterochromia blue green eyes. She's perfect.

Soda enters the room after changing clothes, and admires our daughter. "She looks so beautiful. She looks a lot like you."

"Really? I don't think so, I believe she looks more like you."

Soda giggles. "Yeah probably. Anyway, the gang is coming to see her."

The gang is going to love her.

-

Thanks for reading this chapter :)