(7) Monaisha's Magic

MONAISHA

I'm so glad Ama is feeling better. And I'm not talking about her ankle. That healed pretty quickly but she has been in a funk ever since that day. I don't like seeing her this way. So emotionless. That's not her. 

She's a girl of extremes and she's been in the safe middle for almost a week now. I'd rather see her wild and fierce. When we go out together she's so confident and free, it's truly beautiful.

So that's why I've been negotiating with her all afternoon. It's Friday and every Friday night we start with drinks at Joe's. I touch base with my brother there and after a few shots, we're off to the strip club. Yeah, you heard that right: strip club. 

The newest edition to our curvy crew is Feli. She's a stripper and a damn good one. Oof. She turns me on every time. From pole dancing to burlesque, she can do it all.

We go there every week around ten. One of the bouncers; Montell, walks us in and lifts us up on the stage where Feli will be waiting for us. They start our 'theme-song' and we let go. My favorite moment of the week. We always end with some fun and chime in the weekend hot and wet. 

I grin at the thought of it and look at Ama. 

She's declining every dress because she got too fat for them. Her words, not mine. She's fine and I mean fiiiine. Her boobs are the ones every fat girl wants. She has the kind that are still firm and perky. 

Mine? Well let me tell you, they are down to my knees without a bra. Big, saggy mounds of flesh. I can't wear half the dresses she wears, because my ladies would just fall out of them. Her ladies seem to hold the dress up, she doesn't even need straps. 

I see the perfect dress peak out of the pile of dresses and pull it out. It has a sporty look and feel, red, tight, shoulders bare, and white stripes down the sides. The sleeves are long and the skirt is short. And since I am making her wear her red sneakers, it's just perfect.

Yeah, I forbade her to put heels on tonight. I can just imagine her hurting that ankle again. It's still slightly purple and I can see in her eyes that wearing heels to work this week hasn't done her any favors. 

"Ama! This one! You can be my very own sporty spice! You might even find a personal trainer worth your time!" 

Ahhh, I shouldn't have said that. She looks gloomy again. "Am, just let it go. You did your best. He didn't respond. Let it go." 

Yeah, remember how I asked her if she even thanked him? Well, she didn't and decided to write him a letter. Thinking he would appreciate it as the Bridget Jones's Diary lover he is. And I agreed with her. 

The guy sent flowers and a new pair of stilettos to her office with the most wonderful cards attached to it. The card that came with the flowers said: 'Sorry for being a wanker. I happen to have a very high regard of your wobbly bits.'  The one with the new shoes said: 'And if you would like to stay just a little bit fat, I would love to help you with that.' 

What would you tell your best friend after she got that? Give him a second chance, right? At least as a personal trainer. So she wrote him a letter, Bridget-style. And he never responded to it. That got her all doom and gloom all week.

So we're going out! We're going to have fun and forget all about mister-sexy-muscles-tattoos-personal-trainer-chicklit-reader. But seriously though, he reads chick-lit. It doesn't get any better than that really. Maybe I should... No Mo! Behave! Ama will have your head. 

I can tell Ama is leaning towards the sporty spice dress. I rummage through one of her drawers and find knee socks, white with red stripes at the top. I toss them to Ama and I know. I know she is seeing it in her head.