(20) X Explains

X

The blood spurts from my nose, drenches my shirt, and drips onto the floor. I look at the tiny puddles and all I can think is that I deserved that one. The look of betrayal on Noah's face hurts me way more than my nose though. He paces up and down the kitchen with his fists clenched and I'm afraid to speak.

Noah swears and grabs an ice-pack from the freezer and walks up to me. He growls: "Lean slightly forward and pinch your nose." He shows me where and tells me to keep pressure on it. "Don't let go until I say so. I'll be right back." 

He runs out through the backdoor and I think I hear him scream outside. I close my eyes and wish for a way to turn back time.

He comes back in after a few minutes and grabs the ice-pack and wraps it in a towel. He tells me I can stop pinching and hands me the ice-pack. He tells me to keep it on my nose and runs off again. 

He comes back with a clean shirt and then starts cleaning the floor angrily. Once he's done he puts everything away and sits down at the table across from me.

He sighs and asks: "Did you tell me not to kiss her so you could?" Shit, of course that's what he thinks. I'm an idiot. I look up at him and he looks me dead in the eye. I swallow and clear my throat nervously.

"No, that's not why I said it. That entire story was true. I didn't plan on any of it with Ama. I didn't even think it could ever happen. I'm sorry for everyone involved. I shouldn't have done it. It made everyone sad and things complicated." 

I try to find out what he's thinking by looking at him, but I can't figure it out.

Noah asks: "What is it you're not telling me X?" Shit. He spends too much time with Conan, that man is starting to rub off on him. 

I sigh and blurt it all out. 

He flies up from his chair and I cover my head. I hear him breathe heavily in my ear and he hisses: "You touched her tits? Licked them. You fucking came in your pants?!?"

And then it sinks in and he starts to laugh. Harder and harder until the tears run down his cheeks. He supports himself by leaning on the table and I'm afraid he's just lost his mind. 

He gets up, takes a deep breath, and says: "Alright Cleaver, outside!" He chuckles and I look up at him and I softly chuckle along with him.

I say: "Bridget Jones, right?" He nods and asks me if I want something to drink. I tell him I would love to and he grabs two cokes from the fridge. He hands me one, before sitting down across from me again. He holds the cold can against his forehead and I ask: "Did I give you a headache?"

He shakes his head and mumbles: "Woke up with one. You just made it worse."

I mumble: "I'm truly sorry Noah. I am." He looks at me and nods.

"Ama and I are not right for each other. We know that. And I don't want to lose my family. It will never happen again. I need her in my life as a friend. As Mona's best friend. And she's kinda into you."

His eyes go wide and I swear in my head. I shouldn't have said that. "Err, forget I said that. Ama is complicated. She... Just be the best personal trainer you can be to her, okay?" 

He promises he will give it his all and then out of the blue asks: "How were they?" 

I smirk and know we're back on track with our friendship. I tell him all about Ama's boobs, what they felt like, smelled like, and tasted like. I groan and he chuckles. "Why are you so amused?"

He winks and says: "Because you are going to be obsessed with them for the rest of your life. But they will never be yours. I still have a shot at making them mine. Now drink your coke, change your shirt and get out of here, so I can take a bath."

I arrive at my parents' house early, still wearing Noah's shirt. I didn't feel like going to my place and went for a walk to clear my head. To prepare myself for the sight of Ama again and to prepare for my mother, who will drill me about my nose, which is turning bluer by the minute. 

I open the front door and hear her sing. I smile and walk into the kitchen.

"Hi, mom." She turns around and screams. She grabs my face and pulls me down to have a good look at it. She looks worried and asks me what happened. I tell her Noah punched me in the nose because I kissed a girl he liked. She looks at me and I know she knows.

She says: "Guess who called me? To warn me things might be a bit tense tonight?" 

I roll my eyes and know Mona called mom. She continues: "And she's bringing a boy."

I whip my head up and say: "What? Ama is bringing a boy?"

Mom chuckles and shakes her head. "No Mona, you know, your sister?" I look at her confused and she adds: "Mona's coming with Montell." 

I smile and nod. She hands me a bag of frozen peas and sends me upstairs to lay down for a bit.

I lay down on my childhood bed and place the bag of peas on my face. Noah really hit me hard. I can already feel the headache starting. But I deserve it. 

I'm really happy we're still friends though. We've been since we were eighteen. It would be a shame to lose a friendship like that. Especially over someone who will never be mine.

I hear Ama's voice downstairs and she's laughing with mom. Mom might love her even more than her own kids. Ama was here, before me and my dad became part of the family. And mom always tells people she has two daughters and a son. 

She has the kind of arms that feel like home when she hugs you and I am grateful that she makes Ama feel the same way. 

♡♡♡

That was X's POV

That was X's POV.

Remember Conan belongs to STDsam 

What do you think, did he deserve the punch in the nose?
Any predictions about this upcoming barbecue? 

Any idea who's POV is next?

See you when my muse visits me again.
XO Hankie.