(82) Dress To Impress

♡ AMA

I watch Donté pick at my waffle and I wonder if I would feel the same if it was Noah doing it. Well not right now, but probably yes.

How the hell am I going to make a choice? Maybe I shouldn't. Maybe I should take a few steps back. Maybe I should focus on myself first. I'm still living with Mr. and Mrs. Sun and I just started my job at the club. I'm not even sure what I want for my future.

I sigh and rub my upper arms. I feel uncomfortable with this whole situation. I never planned for any of this to happen.

I feel fingers touch my chin, pushing my face up gently to make me look into his eyes. "Ama? Do you regret it?"

I answer without thinking, "God no. I loved every minute of it."

Donté smiles, "Straight from the heart. I love that about you. Stop worrying. Gather your things, hug me, and walk out. Focus on Noah from the minute you close the door behind you. He deserves your full attention. And you owe it to yourself. Forget about me for the night."

I get up and make my way over to him. I rest my head against his chest and he hugs me tight. His calm heartbeat and his warm, loving arms calm me down. I whisper, "I don't think I'll be able to forget about you. Ever. But you're right. I need to know. We all do."

I look into his eyes and see nothing but love and understanding in there. I'm about to step out of his arms but change my mind. I stand on my tiptoes and push my lips against his. He immediately kisses me back, softly, tender. I lick his lips and he slowly opens his mouth, my tongue slipping in, finding his for a sensual dance.

I softly moan and he lets go of me, breaking the kiss as he steps back. I look up into his eyes and there it is. He's not as tough as he pretends to be. It was only there for a second but I saw the pain in there.

I walk into the bedroom and gather my work clothes. I pick the suspenders up from the floor and put them on the chair in the corner. The bed seems to call for me and I grab the pillow he slept on last night, burying my nose into it to take in his scent. I put it back and swallow the lump in my throat down, walking out of the bedroom after taking a deep breath.

Donté is still in the kitchen, leaning against the counter. He looks deep in thought but his head snaps up as soon as he hears my footsteps. He asks: "Do you need a ride home?"

"Yes, but I think it's better if you don't drive me. For so many different reasons. I'll ask Montell for a ride home." I look into his eyes and feel my eyes burn. I bite the inside of my lip and try to ignore the feeling invading my heart. This is starting to feel like a goodbye and I don't like it one bit.

I turn around and take another deep breath before I say: "Thank you so much for everything. I'll message you tomorrow. I'm going to walk out now. Bye."

His softly spoken bye breaks my heart and I run out of there. I get into the elevator, leaning against the wall as soon as the doors close behind me, and whisper: "I love you."

I close my eyes and let the tears stream down my face. I get out on Montell's floor and stumble towards his apartment, my vision blurred by my tears.

When I get closer to his apartment I hear moans and when I reach the door I find it open, with the key in the lock on the outside. I look inside and stare at the behind of the dark chocolate, naked man, pounding into my best friend.

I bite my lip to hide my chuckle and pull the key from the door, silently placing it on the small table next to the entrance. I close the door and make my way back to the elevator, riding it down and taking a deep breath as soon as I'm outside.

I guess I'm walking home.

I walk past the shop windows without really looking, lost in my head. Until something catches my eye. I stop in my tracks and stare at the redheaded mannequin. She is wearing a turquoise, polka dot, fifties style dress. It's figure hugging and has a hot pink slim belt and hot pink buttons.

I walk into the shop and the most wonderful quirky man walks up to me. He's wearing a rainbow striped suit with a bow tie and sporting a goofy smile. "Afternoon milady. I hope you're in here to try the dress in the shop window on. Because I really want to see it on you."

I'm in a dressing room trying the dress on before I know it. I can't reach the zipper and walk out to ask the flamboyant man for help. I hear him gasp for air and look at him. He presses the fingers of his left hand on his heart and his mouth is wide open. 

I turn around as I ask him for help with the zipper and he snaps out of his daze. He zips me up and I look in the mirror to see how it fits me.

Now I'm the one gasping a little. It looks like it's tailor made for me. It fits like a glove and it's such a fun dress. I smile at my reflection and start to feel excited about tonight. 

The quirky man comes up to me holding black, polka dot, dancing shoes, and turquoise stockings. The shoes fit perfectly too and I decide to buy the entire outfit.

I change out of the dress and into my own clothes, before making my way over to the counter to pay for it all. I pay for it and the colorful man holds his hand out to me. 

"I'm Francois. I hope to see you back here in the future because the clothes I sell are made for a body like yours. A real female body. There's a gift for you at the bottom of the bag. It was a pleasure to serve you."

"Nice to meet you, Francois. I am Ama. And I promise I will be back. If I had more time today I would have bought more. Because various items caught my eye in here. Thank you for the gift. Have a great day!"

I walk out with a wave and a wide smile.

Whatever happens, my outfit will be amazing tonight.

♡♡♡

Two out of three published

Might pass out soon though...
I'll try and push the third out too.

*closes one eye*

XO

Donté => LnDscripts