Chapter Eight - Sage

My mobile buzzed on the table. Picking it up, Hunter was texting me to let me know he was sitting outside, waiting—It was seven on the dot.

A bubbling rush of excitement burst through my stomach before inevitably heading lower.  My thighs clenched, but something else stirred deep inside me. She felt it too.  She whined and whimpered, sending ripples of raw need through my mind.

I hadn't let her out for over two weeks now and she was feeling cooped up, desperate for freedom.  She would need that release soon, especially working with Hunter Stone. She had come to life since we met him; curious to know what dwelled inside.

"Calm down girl, you ain't coming out tonight, that's for sure!" She growled at me. Actually growled —That's a first!

I inhaled a long slow breath, grabbed my clutch and took one last look at my reflection on the way out.

Well, we look good. Just have to keep reminding ourselves This is Work!

I made my way down to meet him. Leaving the elevator, I noted the expensive Bentley Continental convertible car parked directly outside the door to my apartment building – that wasn't allowed. Either you parked inside the underground parking area or you had to use the visitor bays —but this was Hunter Stone,  I doubted anybody told him what to do.

"Good evening Mike," I said to our doorman as he opened the door for me.

He eyed the car that was obviously Hunter's suspiciously, before he turned and smiled at me. "Is the gentleman with you Miss Dufrene?"

"Yes Mike, sorry that he's ignored the rule of parking. He hasn't been here before."

Mike tipped his head "No problem Miss. You have a good evenin' Miss Dufrene," he replied.

Right. This is it. Business face.  Breathe and relax.  We have a job to do, nothing more, nothing less. There will be no— 

My thoughts were cut off as I watched him get out the car. He looked, oh my... breathtaking.

Mon Dieu!

My body temperature soared as if dropped into a pot of boiling water. And even though oxygen surrounded me, it was as if it wasn't available to me—I couldn't breathe.

Stopping where I stood, my hand gripped my clutch tighter as I took in the full sight of him; slowly consuming the image. I felt every single goose-bump as they flooded my bare arms.

He was dressed in a tailored black suit, with a black shirt beneath with the top button open.

Simply devine.  Never and I mean never!  Had a man looked so good in a suit. It fit him like a second skin.

His head of dark brown hair was slightly more styled than this morning.  I wanted to run my fingers through it, rough it up a little.  Damn!

His mouth twitched before he smiled that amazing smile of his. He looked so mouth wateringly sexy, my insides were at melting point.

Stop staring; idiote.

My stomach was literally doing an Olympic sprint,  as he slammed his car door shut and began walking towards me.  He dragged his teeth across his bottom lip as his eyes raked over the length of me. I shivered even though it was a warm night; a very warm night.

He stopped right in front of me and ran his hand across his chin, shaking his head, letting out a puff of air. "Fuck me. You look perfect. In my head I knew you would be, but fuckin' hell you go above and beyond what's inside my head, yeah?" he said.