Chapter Fifteen - Sage

Leaning up against a kitchen unit. I crossed my ankles watching him walk around bare-footed in his kitchen in nothing, but a pair of jeans hung low just above his hip.  All the reasons I shouldn't be with him locked up tight in a far corner of my mind.  I would worry about that later.

The muscles in his back moved deliciously as he reached for coffee mugs.  

My god, he's the definition of sexy. 

My temperature rose just watching him.  Hunter Stone was fast becoming my addiction, a dangerous one for sure.

He turned towards me. "Milk, cream, sugar... me?"  He winked.

I clenched my thighs. "First and last option please." Two could play the teasing game.

"What the lady wants." He walked over placing a mug of coffee to my left, as he leaned up against me, pushing his knee in between my legs enticing them to uncross.  Opening slightly he came closer.  The heat from his body was unreal as he leaned in kissing just below my ear. 

"I could easily get used to seeing you in my shirt, you look so fuckin' sexy, yeah." He nibbled on my lobe before nipping gently as his hands dug into my waist pulling me closer. He growled as I felt his growing hardness.  Mon Dieu, was this man always hard?

I jumped when I heard someone clear their throats from behind us. Hunter pulled back his eyes intense but still a little playful.   He pressed his lips to mine briefly before turning. 

"Ah, now here's the only other  woman in my life I want you to meet.   The one that has put us with my shit all these years." He turned back to me, smiling, happiness evident on his beautiful face.

His other woman, so was I a woman in his life too?   I would think about these words later but couldn't ignore the increased fluttering of my tummy.

"Sage this is Ruth." He stepped away standing on the side, guesting with one hand as his other hand found mine, entwining our fingers.

"Ruth this is Sage." He flicked his head towards me.

My eyes gazed upon the woman I'd heard so much about and a look of joyous surprise dancing in her eyes greeted me.

She was nothing like I was imagined.  I internally sighed.  She must have been sixty, if she was a day, with warm rosy cheeks and her hair, white but still quite thick, pinned up on each side.

"Nice to meet you, Ruth." I offered, pushing myself from the counter, standing straighter, holding out my hand for her to shake.

Hunter pulled me towards her.   Ruth's arms outstretched, she drew me into a motherly hug.

"Oh, my heavens, I can't believe it, this is a first for my boy. And look at you, you're stunning, beautiful, oh my gosh. I'm so so happy right now." She reached and cupped my cheeks before moving them to my arms, rubbing them up and down. Her face practically beaming.

"Jesus, Ruth, you're gonna scare her." Hunter laughed as his eyes flicked between the both of us. I had a strange feeling he was happy with her approval of me.

She turned, narrowing her eyes. "You be good to this one Hunter Stone.  You listening?  This one's a keeper, I can feel it."

My cheeks bloomed under the weight of her words and I didn't need my feelers to know that she genuinely liked me.

I remembered our dinner from the night before. "Thanks for the meal last night, your food was divine Ruth." And it was, I wasn't lying.

Her eyes smiled as she clenched her teeth, lifting her shoulders. "See and she obviously has excellent taste. Don't mess this up Hunter, I'm warning you." Ruth clasped her hands in front of her chest. "Now do you want some breakfast? I can make you anything. My breakfasts are legendary, aren't they Hunter, tell Sage how good my breakfasts are!"